PDA

View Full Version : teeeeeezzzeeerrr

Tony@AirRideTech
10-06-2005, 03:19 PM
2nd gen is just about done..... :bananna2:

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

Mean 69
10-06-2005, 04:04 PM
Cool!!!! Along the same lines, Lateral Dynamics will have a really nice three link setup for second gen's that will perform extremely well on the street, strip, and most importantly, on the road course, in a few short weeks too! Great news for second gen owners!!! It would be fun to get cars of various setups out on the track together sometime soon to share setups and see how each works!

Gotta love this hobby!!!
Mark

F70t/a
10-06-2005, 04:16 PM
I was thinking about doing an air ride too. Only thing was getting it low enough when parked. That looks so mean!!!! :hammer:

Travis B
10-07-2005, 04:56 AM
Tony,

Does it just have cool ride on the front or shockwaves! Sits dam good!

Jeremy536
10-07-2005, 05:09 AM
It has the Air Bar 4-link with Shockwaves on the rear and Shockwaves and tubular control arms without drop spindles! The front cross member is less than an inch off the ground!

68BNUT
10-07-2005, 06:08 AM
Man that looks cool Im buying a second gen now!!!

XTRMEASURES
10-07-2005, 07:55 AM
man that looks awesome, my dream car is a 2nd gen (72) camaro. and to have it on air is a wet dream....lolol

you guys do great work, keep it up.

Beige
10-07-2005, 08:14 PM
How did you keep the exhaust off the pavement?

Tony@AirRideTech
10-10-2005, 10:12 AM
One morning just your "A-typical" needs restored split bumper.... that afternoon.... totally different attitude! That is a sweet car. Exhaust on the ground.......? :angel:

F70t/a
10-10-2005, 01:36 PM
Any more pics?

OneslowZ28
10-13-2005, 07:04 PM
what kind of a time frame are we lookin till this comes out? How much we talking? will this set-up also be somewhat adjustable for narrowed rear axles and huge tires? Im looking at putting 345/30R19 on the back of my 78. now i know some slight frame mods and a mini tub will be needed to clear the tires, but will this set-up mess with my intended install? If this is similar to the first gen set-up i assume the lower contol arms can be moved inward of the frame to clear the tires? will there be any disadvantages to doing this? as of right now my plan is the triangulated 4-link with coilovers.id love to do the 9k shockwaves but im not sure if there will be anything that will work with WD C5 subframe. Any info on the above would be super lol Thanks!:yeah:

Steve1968LS2
10-13-2005, 08:53 PM
What a coincidence that they make one for a 2nd gen now .. ;)

Nice.. I love when new parts come out..

TonyL
10-13-2005, 08:56 PM
i was gonna refer this thread over to ya steve. Looks like its not available to the public yet, but im guessing they'd let PHR take the system for a spin.

/do it do it do it.

darren@ridetech
10-14-2005, 06:43 AM
It is a little early for an exact ETA, but I would say 60 days. The StrongArms will be out at about the same time.

You will have a bit more tire clearance than with the leafs, approx 5/8". Moving the leafs mounts in will cause some issues with the ShockWaves. This will change the angle on the Shockwave which will cause the vehicle to sit a little higher. You may run into some clearance issues as well. Bottom line.... I don't know, we haven't tried it.

Chicane 73
10-14-2005, 06:29 PM
Cool!!!! Along the same lines, Lateral Dynamics will have a really nice three link setup for second gen's that will perform extremely well on the street, strip, and most importantly, on the road course, in a few short weeks too! Great news for second gen owners!!! It would be fun to get cars of various setups out on the track together sometime soon to share setups and see how each works!

Gotta love this hobby!!!
Mark

Do you have the email address of Lateral Dynamics?

formula
10-14-2005, 07:16 PM
It is a little early for an exact ETA, but I would say 60 days. The StrongArms will be out at about the same time.

You will have a bit more tire clearance than with the leafs, approx 5/8". Moving the leafs mounts in will cause some issues with the ShockWaves. This will change the angle on the Shockwave which will cause the vehicle to sit a little higher. You may run into some clearance issues as well. Bottom line.... I don't know, we haven't tried it.

any clearance issues otherwise (with the spring perches not moved), front or rear?