PDA

View Full Version : My First Car Show

68 SuperRam
09-13-2004, 10:58 AM
Well this past weekend – I put my 68 Camaro in my first car show – it was a long time coming since I purchased the car in 1997. It has been a very long, costly, stressful, and sometimes frustrating, - did I mention costly – road – but at the end it was definitely all worth it. To stand next to my father (who – for those of you that do not know – had a 68 and it was stolen – it totally hit him hard and he never was the same again – I purchased a 68 secretly while still living with my parents and worked on it every Sat. for years in various different locations. I restored the car to his color – but with all the available current modifications. I told him about the car on his birthday about 2 years ago – as that was when I brought it home from my cousin’s paint shop) – back to my point – to stand next to my father yesterday with the Camaro – was a very special moment for me!!! :)

I also met “AllFaith” at the show – and it was great to meet someone else – that chats here in the forum – to share stories and ideas, and of course to talk about our rides.

Even though – I did not win any awards – (mainly as I think that I was judged in the wrong category :ripped: ) – the day was still great!!

I can not wait until the next local show in a few weeks.

ALLFAITH
09-13-2004, 11:54 AM
Joe's Car was amazing. He and his brother were great to talk to and his story was very interesting. has us considering a PT Camaro instead of the GTO project we are planning.

Brad

68 SuperRam
09-13-2004, 12:09 PM
Brad,

I needed to leave around 3:15 - for another commitment - but my brother stood until the end - he mentioned that he thought that you and Scott won an award? I meant to ask - what category were you in (and Scott) - I totally think that I was in the wrong category - I was in #35.

Thanks for the kind words about my car - your cars were amazing!! - You should post some pics if you have them!

Hope to see you at the next event.

John

camcojb
09-13-2004, 12:36 PM
Beautiful car! The local car show stuff is for fun in my opinion, most are quite political when it comes to awarding trophy's.

Jody

colt zantop
09-13-2004, 12:41 PM
sweet car man! very nice job! Ive never entered my 68 in a show yet but Im sure I will sooner or later.

colt45

67Sally
09-13-2004, 05:27 PM
Your car looks great. Good job! Let the fun of driving now begin.

Ralph LoGrasso
09-13-2004, 05:29 PM
Car's looking good!

CAMAROBOY69
09-13-2004, 05:55 PM
Car looks great and congrats at the car show. The pro touring group always sticks out at the local car shows. Especially where I live. There isnt even 1 other car like mine around and it sure gets a lot of attention.

PRO TC
09-13-2004, 07:20 PM
car looks sweet. one thing you have your dome light mounted backwards.
good luck on your next car show
barry

68 SuperRam
09-14-2004, 05:30 AM
Thanks everyone for the kind words!!! :icon996:

It really means alot to see fellow PT people recognize someone's work - as we have all been in the same or similar places while working on our cars to get them where we want them to be.

Thanks for the tip on the dome light - I thought it was on backwards - but forget to check it when I was doing the final detail for the car show.

Also - I want to say thanks to everyone here in the forum (and Larry for setting up this website) - who took the time to answer my questions - and provided helpful info- that assisted me along the way. :1st:

Nine Ball
09-14-2004, 11:22 AM
That car looks great, you did a nice job on it! The only shows I really like voter-wise is when they allow the spectators to cast all the votes and not the biased judges that like to vote on their buddy's cars.

CliffS
09-14-2004, 11:36 AM
Very nice car! I like what you did with your interior.

ALLFAITH
09-15-2004, 01:20 AM
Joe's car is just awesome in person, beautiful body and PT upgrades. Won 1st place with the Shelby and nothing with the black Pro Trans Am Mustang. Scott won 2nd and lost to a bone stock 65 GTO convertible. Pure politics and wrong calssification at that show but perfect venue.

Hope to see you at Orchard Beach Sunday, I hear 1500-3000 cars show up. If not definietly Playland.

Brad