PDA

View Full Version : Best four link setup

4Elatemodel
10-26-2014, 01:53 PM
Im looking for a good performance oriented 4 ink set up for a chevy c10. I was thinking of doing the ride tech kit. if anyone has some experience with this particular kit or others id like to hear it. Also as a heads up i do NOT own the truck that i would like to put this on yet.

Austin97C1500
10-27-2014, 04:19 PM
I'm no expert so I'm not going to way in on who has the best. I'm sure most name brand set ups are really good. There's always some compromise and I'm sure companies that manufacture 4 links trade off some aspects in favor of others, be it ride, handling, traction, etc. More information about the truck would definitely be needed. If it's SWB with a trailing arm rear suspension then you can make that go along ways.

RobNoLimit
10-28-2014, 08:34 AM
$.02 worth. We make (No Limit Engineering) a very nice 4-bar kit that is designed for the C10, based on wheelbase, weights, and CG. this is a street/perf 4bar. We are also working on a 3-link for these trucks, more focused on handling. The 4-bars will take more HP than a 3-link. the cut-off is around 550 or so. As stated above, more info on the goals of the truck would help.

Now, if you are looking for a truck, I have a 72 for sale in Dandridge, Tn. (no, not the JT) It's a sold cab/doors and front clip. -no bed. This was a 3/4T long bed, the OE chassis has been cut 10" behind the cab. It has a clean Ca. title. Factory air dash, with no extra carving. There is slight rust on the edge of the drip rail and the lower air box. We brought this out to do a long-to-short rail conversion. No motor or trans. Truck is $2k. Rear rail kit is $1189. Fatbar with C/O is $1175. all together, $4k. If you are interested, send me a cell 3 and I'll send picts.

Steve N 69 69 69
10-28-2014, 09:10 PM
Hey, Rob, what's the widest wheel you can run with your 4 link, with either stock rails, or your raised setup. I looked on your site, but it only gives that info for the full frame. Thanks man. Good luck in Tenn.

RobNoLimit
10-29-2014, 04:08 PM
The factory tubb is the first barrier, once you clear that, there is 14 1/2" from the fender lip to our 4-bar. It's easy to run a 12" wide wheel with a 335 or 345. We have also run 12" slicks (drag) on an 11" wheel with no problem. Thanks.

Steve N 69 69 69
10-29-2014, 09:18 PM
Thanks, that's what I was hoping to hear. Your stuff looks great. I like that it's built to be driven hard, not parked sitting on the ground.

Rod
10-30-2014, 07:09 AM
We make (No Limit Engineering) a very nice 4-bar kit that is designed for the C10, based on wheelbase, weights, and CG. this is a street/perf 4bar. We are also working on a 3-link for these trucks, more focused on handling. The 4-bars will take more HP than a 3-link. the cut-off is around 550 or so. As stated above, more info on the goals of the truck would help.

Agreed!