PDA

View Full Version : Classic Tube -- Negative

Gratefuldiver
10-22-2014, 03:54 AM
I'm finishing up what has been a nightmare of an order with Don from Classic Tube, but first Id like to say that I've been hot rodding and buying aftermarket parts for almost 30 years, back when you still had to actually call Summit or send in an part order form. So Im by no means new to ordering stuff. Ive had great experiences and bad ones, but this one rates right up there as the worst and its not even really about the money. It was more of Don's arrogant attitude towered me. His customer service skills sucks and when he screwed up my order he pushed the blame back on me. My order was missing parts, had the wrong fittings flared on the lines, lines where to short or just bent totally wrong. I would think if I told someone I wanted a 3/16 SS line from my MC to the rear of the car that Id get a line from the MC to rear of the car. Not a line from the stock proportioning valve location on the frame of a 72 GTO. They didn't listen to anything I said or pay attention to the photos I sent them. To add insult to injury he charged me for items they screwed up in my order and then charged me shipping to get them to me. Then had the nerve to argue with me when I wanted my money back. I could go one but Id prefer to just forget about the whole thing. I would suggest that if anyone places an order with classic tube that you give them written instruction on exactly what you want and do not trust there order taking skills.

sjaroslo
10-22-2014, 07:56 PM
I did not have quite the same experience as you, in that I actually wasn't out any money (they refunded me), just time, but I guess I can attest to the comment about them not listening too carefully to what you may be asking.

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/108275-A-C-Hardlines?highlight=hardlines

Gratefuldiver
11-04-2014, 04:55 AM
After I wrote a long letter explaining everything to them again they refunded my money for all the stuff they screwed up. Nice lines but Id send them samples or exact drawing and written instructions if I was to ever use them again. In the end they made it right for the most part, just took a while.