View Full Version : 68 Camaro frame rail/leaf spring/body question.

10-19-2014, 04:17 PM
I have a 68 Camaro that I am getting ready to start working on. I got the car about 10 years ago when I was in college, and just did basic stuff to get it on the road to drive. I have since purchased a ZL1 to fulfill the sports car void until the 68 is done.
Anyway, to my question. The car had floor pans, trunk pan, and a partial frame rail installed 10 years ago. I would like to replace both frame rails, along with the spring mount behind the floor pan. I plan on using the hotchkis tvs 3 inch drop kit. Between the back of the floor pan, and the front leaf spring bracket there is some metal that has rusted away. What is this piece called? If this is in the wrong section I will move it, but any help is greatly appreciated.


10-19-2014, 05:12 PM
pictures would help if you got 'em..

10-19-2014, 05:36 PM
I will try to take some pictures and upload them in the morning.

10-19-2014, 06:29 PM
classic industries makes complete pans and all the parts (http://www.classicindustries.com/shop/camaro/parts/body-panels/floor-pans/?q=Floor&p=2)


10-20-2014, 04:09 AM
This is a piece underneath the car that is on the body

10-20-2014, 05:24 AM
I think your asking about the torque box (http://www.classicindustries.com/product/camaro/parts/15008.html)....but picture would really help...there are several , under floor sections on an f-body

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2014/10/torquebox_zps18a7e75e-1.jpg (http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/rprouty3/media/extras/torquebox_zps18a7e75e.jpg.html)

10-20-2014, 05:59 AM
I think it may be the torque box. I have tried to label a couple pictures. Hopefully they help, but if not I can go take some more.

Thanks for your help with this.

10-20-2014, 06:13 AM
The other side wraps around the back of the floor pan, and isn't in as bad of shape. I plan on replacing both frame rails, as well as these pieces and trying to clean up the other rust.