PDA

View Full Version : 70-73 r/s nose

weircc
10-15-2014, 05:55 PM
ok guys have been reading for over a week, im torn on what to do with my nose piece its not rusted or anything but urethane is split in a couple spots seems the best one for replacement doesn't allow chrome to be re installed and im not sure i wanna give that up. surely over the past couple years places such as yearone and oem have retooled and have a better piece after all the complaints i have read. any feedback would be awesome guys thanks.

Aussie
10-15-2014, 11:21 PM
Check out endurabumper.com

CampbellshotrodsAZ
10-16-2014, 08:09 AM
I want to follow and see where this goes as I'm in the same dilemma.

My dad has a 70 RS that has begun to split away from the steel structure. That endura option above is nice, but man, $850, ouch!

aps63
10-16-2014, 09:22 AM
What have you read about the repoped noses?

goody029
10-16-2014, 06:43 PM
Not exactly what you're looking for but I ordered one of these from Custom Works about a month ago http://www.customworksperformance.net/carbon-fiber-parts.html and this is awesome! The added benefit of not needing the large heavy brackets from the core support to the nose is also helpful, especially if it's like swiss cheese after the twin turbo fitment. Keith is the owner. It was done in a couple of weeks and fits extremely well.

CampbellshotrodsAZ
10-17-2014, 08:38 AM
I just wish the Customworks nose retained the chrome pot-metal bezel. That's probably why I'm going to play with pulling the urethane away from the nose, blasting it, and re-adhering it.

ks71z28
10-18-2014, 07:53 AM
[QUOTE=CampbellshotrodsAZ;1097344]I just wish the Customworks nose retained the chrome pot-metal bezel. That's probably why I'm going to play with pulling the urethane away from the nose, blasting it, and re-adher

FYI, once the urethane has pulled from the steel core, it will never hold its shape. GM didn't coat the steel core, so once moisture got in there it rusted and the urethane pulled away, resulting in a warped nose.

Our RS nose was designed to be light weight, and we eventually updated the look. Sorry it's not a restoration piece.

Keith Custom Works