PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Canada take 2

sask69camaro
10-04-2005, 07:52 PM
Hey I'm Dan from Sk, Canada. I've been building a pro-touring Camaro from an empty, beat up shell with badly welded panels and a subframe since April 2002, next stop for the car was a crusher I believe. Originally the car was olympic gold with dk green interior, 350 auto, standard trim, no console, no air, no rs or ss, 4 wheel drum brakes, no spoilers. :o

So far I've rust treated and painted the interior, subframe, most of the underbody and did some prep work on the right side/roof of the car. Built and installed a fresh 350 with a th350 tranny /w hurst floor shifter, replaced all rubber body/suspension with polyurethane, installed 1" front anti-roll bar, did the guldstrand a-arm mod, 2" drop hotchkis HP springs, koni adjustable reds, I've converted to front disk brakes, 5 leaf dropped rear suspension, bought all missing body panels, 17" and 18" cragar SS wheels/tires. My plan is to paint it viper blue, retaining the stock hood, only using bowtie emblems front and back, no other badging. Here are two pics I've just uploaded:
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif
I'm planning on moving that tranny cooler to the right side of the rad as the battery will be in the trunk, the nitrous bottle goes on the other side of the trunk behind an access panel like the battery will. Its going to have a deluxe black interior and '03 firebird front seats. Later on I'm going to upgrade from manual to fast ratio power steering, convert the engine to alcohol fuel, install a 4L80-E trans, upgrade to a posi 12 bolt rear with 4:11 or 3:73 gears. The car will be my street/strip/autoX car.

TonyHuntimer
10-04-2005, 09:02 PM
Welcome!

Keep us posted. :)
Tony Huntimer

derekf
10-05-2005, 03:04 AM
Welcome to the site, Dan.

69Nova
10-05-2005, 06:09 AM
Welcome. Your going to convert a street car to alcohol, your crazy.

Andrew Petty

Piet
10-05-2005, 08:34 PM
Welcome!

sask69camaro
10-05-2005, 11:24 PM
Once I get a 500 gallon distillery operational, all my cars are going to alcohol. That will come after my car is finished though. Maybe next year.