PDA

View Full Version : hydratech bleeding

jolt
09-12-2004, 02:01 PM
I posted this same question under topic "bleeding".
I have an all new Hydratech boost system and aluminum master cylinder with all new lines and valves. Dry, new system.
I can not get ANY brake fluid to flow from the master cylinder resevoir into the brake lines.

Any ideas on what the problem could be?

Any help is appreciated!
Thanks- Jolt

harshman
09-12-2004, 02:18 PM
i'm in the process of installing my hydro boost. which line is the "high " line?
to answer your question, i'm not sure but i remember is the booster hasn't been bench blead properly, you'll get no flow - i'm not positive on this.

SYDEWAYZ71
09-12-2004, 04:05 PM
Did you bench bleed the master cylinder? If not, Just remove the lines that are going out to brakes and bend some lines from the outlets on the master cyl. into the the reservoir, then bleed. Your problem should'nt have anything to do with the booster.

jolt
09-12-2004, 06:38 PM
Sydeway... Are you saying I should remove the outlet lines from the master cylinder and then bend two , new, short lines to go back on to the M/S that will dump back into the resevoir?

That is what is sounds like. I did not bench bleed the new M/S (my bad). I guess this a way to "bench bleed" without removing the M/S?

Thanks!!! -JT

jolt
09-12-2004, 06:44 PM
Harshman... the high pressure inlet is the one on the driver side. The high pressure outlet (goes between the booster and Steering box) is the passenger side. Let me know how yours turns out. Good luck!- Jolt

harshman
09-12-2004, 09:17 PM
im an idiot. i figured it out. it is highly recomended that you remove the ms and put it in a vice and get it level. lightly tap on the sides as you are "bench" bleading it. this will help dislodge any excess bubbles. just my experience and i'll let you know on my install.

69boo307
09-13-2004, 04:37 AM
When I installed my Hydroboost kit I 'bench bled' the master on the car, used this $5 kit from Advanced Auto with little tubes and a bottle. It worked like a charm. It did take me probably 3 hours worth of work to bleed the entire system though, so be prepared to be patient!! I bought Earl's 'self bleeders' to replace the bleeder valves on my calipers, they worked awsome and allowed me to bleed the car by myself!
Once it was done it worked like a champ the first time.