PDA

View Full Version : Help: 69 Camaro will not start

Phillip_L
10-03-2005, 03:59 PM
I posted something about a week ago and got no replies. Some has to know where this wire goes.

I pulled my dash to put in a Covan dash panel. I also had to drop the steering column. When I was putting every thing back, I found a loose wire and followed it to the starter. Were does this wire connect under the dash? I thought it would go the white relay mounted on the steering column about half way down (about 8 wires connected to it). There are two open spots on this relay. I tried to figure out which one with a volt meter. When I turn the key, I hear a click, but not 12 volts on either open location. Am I in the right spot? The start wire looks like it from a bad patch job.

Thanks in advance.

Phillip

MrQuick
10-03-2005, 08:16 PM
Which terminal does it connect to on the starter? Bat+, S or R terminal??

zbugger
10-03-2005, 08:25 PM
Also, what color is the wire?

Phillip_L
10-04-2005, 04:56 AM
I have not done anything with the motor or starter yet. So those connections should be fine. The car ran when I pulled it into the garage. The wire going to the starter is blue, but that does not mean anything. The wire looks like it was replaced. I simply pulled the dash and most of knocked this wire loose.

I am just trying to get an idea where to start. You turn the key, which moves a rod, which moves a switch, etc. Where does the 12 Volt single start from? I know there is a clutch safety switch. Where is it in the chain? I would like to turn the key and see 12 volts somewhere and then follow the chain to the starter or the break in the wire. I just need a good starting point.

Thanks.

Phillip

derekf
10-04-2005, 05:18 AM
I can't recommend enough that you get a wiring diagram for your car. Mainly because I don't have a wiring diagram for your car to refer to, but also because it's a lot easier to look at it and see what's going on than to read a description here.

Phillip_L
10-04-2005, 05:32 AM
I would agree, but I plan on pull all this junk out in about 4 months and going with a blown LS1 or LS2 motor. That will be a differnent harness all togther. I just want to get the car running until that time.

Phillip