PDA

View Full Version : McLeod Clutches

Bad Bowtie
09-28-2005, 06:05 PM
Anybody have any luck getting a hold of Red @ McLeod's. Keep trying the tech line and all I get is the busy signal. So I tried the e-mail thing and no luck on that end either. I'm looking for some help on selecting the clutch for a project I'm working on. Anybody got any "secret phone numbers" they can pm me :secret: . Also does Mcleod use distributors for their products or can you purchase direct.
Jack

Hurst - Jeff
09-28-2005, 09:50 PM
I can't give the secret phone number to yoiu but he responds to a fax. Fax # is 714-630-5129.
Plan B is to call the regular office phone # and ask for George. 714-630-2764.
McLoed does sell direct but it is less expensive to buy from one of their distributors.
After you get the parts #'s you need, call a distributor and order from them.

Bad Bowtie
09-29-2005, 02:27 AM
Thanks Jeff,
I'll give the fax a try next. Do you know who distributes his products?
Thanks again
Jack

Hurst - Jeff
09-29-2005, 07:15 AM
Summit sells McLeod parts - but they may not stock the parts you need. We are also a master distributor fro McLeod but we normally do not sell individual parts - only full 5 speed conversion kits that have McLeod parst in them.
With that said, if you get stuck call me and I will help you with the parts you need - just make sure to get all the part numbers that you need when you get ahold of Red or George.

enrgeezone
10-12-2005, 07:59 PM
Hello to all!... I am new on this board and am in the process of building a touring style orig, 67 rs/ss big block camaro. I did the 2005 power tour with hot rod in my other 67 ss 4 speed camaro...sweet trip, but would never do it in a bone stock 67 again!!! this is why I am doing the rs/ss. I have several questions... I was one of the people that got a good feeling on Keisler's 5 speed trans set up.....now after finding this board and looking into some of the pro touring set ups I feel they may not be the answer? My question is to Jeff....what makes your co better? how do you compare in price? and do you sell a complete kit? I have Advanced Mechanical here in NJ and would love to put some of these conversions to the street..... most customers are all about putting these cars back to 4 spds etc... I have never done so many before...seems the baby boomer era like to row them gears!...I am always looking to get 1 up on the next guy, and it seems only a few cars local to our area have the 5 spd swap done to them....Any info you can supply me would be great....Thanks for your time Tom

Hurst - Jeff
10-12-2005, 08:31 PM
Tom-
Good questions and glad to see you doing your homework. This forum is probabaly not the proper place to tell you all of the reasons that I think Classic Chevy 5-Speed is the good choice for you. The intent of this forum, as I understand it, is to share ideas and to help each other, which I try to do as much as possible, as opposed to a "sales" setting.
I think it would be best to send you a private message (which I will do) or have you give us a call so I can answer all of your specific questions. Our phone number is 760-230-2045
In the mean time, if you have not done so already, consider doing a serach on this forum or some of the other forums - simply type in "Classic Chevy 5-Speed", "Tremec" or the name of any other company you are considering and see what evreyone else has to say.
Thanks for considering us and I look forward to providing you with the information you need to make an informed decision.

JodysTransmissions
10-13-2005, 08:10 AM
I have several questions... I was one of the people that got a good feeling on Keisler's 5 speed trans set up.....now after finding this board and looking into some of the pro touring set ups I feel they may not be the answer? My question is to Jeff....what makes your co better? how do you compare in price? and do you sell a complete kit? ....Thanks for your time Tom

You can get a 5 speed anywhere but Jeff at Classic Chevy 5-Speed will be there in the end to help with questions and your set-up. He and his gang are on many forums helping and answering questions for many people. You cannot put a price tag on that. I checked their site many times and they only use quality parts. You get what you pay for. What are you waiting for?!!!

Regards, Jody

chicane67
10-13-2005, 07:10 PM
Do you know who distributes his products?

ATS >>>> a Pro-Touring.com sponser

GMJim
10-22-2005, 12:45 PM
enrgeezone

You have mail.
Jim