PDA

View Full Version : Goodguys Autocross Charlotte, Oct 24, 2014, who's going?

LemonTwisted
09-17-2014, 01:38 PM
I've never been to a Goodguys event and they look like a lot of fun. Made a few changes to the Roadrunner and this might be the place to test it out. Does anyone know if they only let you do a certain number of runs or is it wide open during each session?

Schwartz Performance
09-17-2014, 02:54 PM
You get as many runs as you can- the line to run gets longer each year so you may only get 6 runs or you may get 30 ! They don't limit your car though.
-Dale

rchaskin
09-17-2014, 04:46 PM
I'll be there.

This one gets more crowded every year. You can figure 5-6 runs per day max (Friday and Saturday).

The track cruise is awesome!!

musclecarmatt
09-17-2014, 05:10 PM
Will be at GG all weekend!....will be doing autocross all day Saturday and Sunday...looking forward to seeing everyone again....

1966longroof
09-18-2014, 03:46 AM
You'll like GG in Charlotte. Great people, cars and fun. I'll be there Fri & Sat.

k7king
09-18-2014, 04:24 AM
Looks like I'm coming to play Friday and Saturday too......

Bad94
09-18-2014, 04:50 AM
It's on the lists of events to do. But we will see.

TheJDMan
09-23-2014, 06:11 PM
I'm considering going but like the OP, have never been to a GG event. Since I'm primarily interested in the autocross not the show, I have a question for those that do the autocrossing. From what I read most of the entries are parked in a show area on static display but someone mentioned a line for the autocross. Does that mean that the cars entered in the autocross are not parked in the show area but in a separate pit area?

71RS/SS396
09-24-2014, 09:25 AM
I've never been to a Goodguys event and they look like a lot of fun. Made a few changes to the Roadrunner and this might be the place to test it out. Does anyone know if they only let you do a certain number of runs or is it wide open during each session?

I'll be there. Steve plan on going to DSE's open house Friday evening, it's a must do.

protouring70
10-08-2014, 05:18 PM
This has always been a great event! And yes DSE Friday night is a must get there early!!!!!

sixgunsuperman99
10-09-2014, 10:25 AM
I'll be a spectator again this year since the car isn't running yet. Last year in Charlotte was my first GG event I've been to - I was impressed with the cars that were running and the extent that the autocross was featured.

The other guys that have participated will be able to chip in more, but the autocross cars were in their own staging area right next to the course that is separate from the show cars. It's all in the infield of the Speedway so while it's separate, it's right in the middle of the rest of the show.

I'm considering going but like the OP, have never been to a GG event. Since I'm primarily interested in the autocross not the show, I have a question for those that do the autocrossing. From what I read most of the entries are parked in a show area on static display but someone mentioned a line for the autocross. Does that mean that the cars entered in the autocross are not parked in the show area but in a separate pit area?

Samckitt
10-09-2014, 10:51 AM
I'll be there Saturday as a spectator.

Kcorrigan2
10-11-2014, 04:12 AM

The cars in the autocross are parked in the "pits" of the autocross. They must all go through tech inspection prior to being allowed to run. There is no additional cost to run, just bring your car to the pits...take everything loose out of the interior and trunk and have some fun!! Just beware...it is addicting...you may never see the entire car show again ��

Kcorrigan2
10-11-2014, 04:18 AM
I will be there in my '55 thunderbird.

rchaskin
10-11-2014, 05:15 PM
.....I'll be a spectator again this year ............

Make sure you find me....I still owe you a ride or two.

Are you planning to come Fri and Sat?

rchaskin
10-11-2014, 05:17 PM
I'll be there Saturday as a spectator.

Make sure to stop by and introduce yourself!!

I have always wanted to meet the guy with the gearshifting fetus as an avatar!!!!!!!LOL!!!

sixgunsuperman99
10-12-2014, 05:58 AM
Make sure you find me....I still owe you a ride or two.

Are you planning to come Fri and Sat?

I like to think of your car as what mine will be like eventually... so I'll be planning on taking you up on that offer :cheers:

I'll be there on Saturday.

71RS/SS396
10-12-2014, 06:08 AM
Anyone that wants to go for a rip around the auto-x is more than welcome to go, just sign the waiver, introduce yourself, and strap in.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2014/10/020-1.jpg (http://s1009.photobucket.com/user/tmackg71/media/Track%20Car/020.jpg.html)

protouring70
10-12-2014, 04:44 PM
Looks like Robert and I'll be coming for Friday and Saturday. But will leaving after event on Saturday.

rchaskin
10-13-2014, 04:52 AM
....Anyone that wants to go for a rip....

I want to see the difference in the new motor....Count me in for one.

Rat Fink
10-17-2014, 12:48 PM
The wife and I are driving the Big Red Ford down from Ohio and making a few laps.

eldogg
10-27-2014, 03:51 PM
It was really good to see a bunch of PT.com folks at open house.

rchaskin
10-28-2014, 07:48 AM
Vids from Charlotte GG.

Drift Show
12YEXm_kFnY

Regular Run
Uw8CQfwbYSQ

Track Cruise Saturday (look at around 3:01 & 4:59 and watch the fence posts go by)
uuGCo9oPrmQ

First Time Rider......LOL
XE1Ckpc7BGs