PDA

View Full Version : Hideaway Headlights?

snappytravis
09-14-2014, 02:33 PM
Looking to put the hideaway headlight setup in the 69 Camaro. Who has had experience with different brands of parts. What fits good and what doesn't.
Thanks

Rod
09-14-2014, 04:00 PM
Looking to put the hideaway headlight setup in the 69 Camaro. Who has had experience with different brands of parts. What fits good and what doesn't.
Thanks

?? do you mean who makes the parts?? there are only two companies that make the parts CHQ and OER, OER (Original Equipment Reproductions) is manufactured by Classic Industries and sold by everyone, CHQ is made by CHQ(Classic Headquarters formally Ricks First Generations before the retail side was sold to Ecklers) and sold by everyone also, I have used both and lean more towards the CHQ the tin parts were better made(crisper stamping) they both have OK plastic

68lovebuzz
09-14-2014, 04:17 PM
Really happy with CHQ parts and retro electric RS kit.

snappytravis
09-14-2014, 06:42 PM
Thanks, I just didn't want to order up something that was poor quality,

65 drop top
09-14-2014, 06:53 PM
Detroit speed has an electric motor kit for RS headlights

snappytravis
09-14-2014, 07:49 PM
I found a complete grille kit, It uses the dse headlight setup. I think that's probably the right direction to go.

68lovebuzz
09-15-2014, 05:16 PM
Keep in mind the DSE kit is designed for an originally equipped RS car. It's not that it can't be used on a non RS and many people use it with great success as such. Just FYI. The retro electric kit offers less moving parts with no bell crank and easier electrical hook up in my opinion. Either option both DSE and retroelectric are great.

snappytravis
09-16-2014, 08:22 PM
Keep in mind the DSE kit is designed for an originally equipped RS car. It's not that it can't be used on a non RS and many people use it with great success as such. Just FYI. The retro electric kit offers less moving parts with no bell crank and easier electrical hook up in my opinion. Either option both DSE and retroelectric are great.

I will check that company out as well, thanks for the input guys

sjaroslo
09-17-2014, 06:17 AM
I believe it is "retro electro"

http://retro-electro.net

snappytravis
09-18-2014, 07:59 PM
I believe it is "retro electro"

http://retro-electro.net

Thanks Steve, I looked it up and it looks pretty nice.

sjaroslo
09-18-2014, 08:30 PM
Thanks Steve, I looked it up and it looks pretty nice.

I have them on my car but as you well know the car is still a work-in-process, so I can't really comment on their effectiveness. Mark from Retro-Electro is on the board and is pretty top-notch with his customer service.

mikeextrafast
09-19-2014, 07:43 PM
I found a complete grille kit, It uses the dse headlight setup. I think that's probably the right direction to go.

Who did you get grille kit from

snappytravis
09-19-2014, 08:41 PM
Who did you get grille kit from

I didn't, It will be next, I just received my wheels and I will be buying tires. Then I will go for the grille setup.

Sparky67
09-20-2014, 10:14 AM
Camaro Specialties has a conversion kit. http://www.camaros.com/camaro_rally_sport.php The best option is to have an original RS setup, than the conversion kit. Camaro Specialties might have a parts car, that has the parts. There is a few people that built custom grills for their camaro's. The original parts are plastic, but it be nice to have them made of metal. Then you could either powder coat or anodize the grill.

Jeff

sjaroslo
09-20-2014, 12:09 PM
I think that Steve's Camaro parts out here in Cali sells a complete conversion kit for Rally Sport.