PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about relocating to Georgia or ?

Bottledbird68
08-27-2014, 04:37 PM
So, currently live in massachusetts. Thinking about relocating the family down south. Was leaning towards Georgia but I suppose nothing is set in stone and it all depends on what I can find for work. Looking to stay working on hot rods/race cars.
So, here's my work experience. I'm 37 and have been working on cars for about 20 years. Been in the automotive industry for almost 19 years. Started off in mechanical before switching over to auto body. Been working for myself for about 11 years now doing everything from general automotive and collision repair to full restorations, high performance upgrades, roll cage installs, chassis upgrades, engine swaps, electrical, auto body, paint, including custom paint work, whatever comes up that helps to pay the bills. Basically a jack of all trades for anything automotive from muscle cars, to modern muscle, to trucks, to imports.
I have a pretty decent local clientele but I know they aren't going to follow me states away. Just tired of being in the northeast and want to go somewhere I can't listen to our cars rot.
Anything out there? Pictures of past work and more detailed work history available upon request.

srh3trinity
08-28-2014, 05:44 AM
My builder is in central AL and had been looking around for somebody with your skill set at some point. Look him up on facebook. Vini's hot rods

dhutton
08-28-2014, 08:35 AM
How about Texas? This would be a great place to work:

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/trd/4604051062.html

Don

Bottledbird68
08-28-2014, 08:42 AM
How about Texas? This would be a great place to work:

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/trd/4604051062.html

Don

Good find. That one is tempting. Need to see what my other half could find for work around there. Hence why I originally was thinking Georgia. The company she works for has a plant in Atlanta she could transfer to. But like I said I'm open to exploring all options

Mr.VENGEANCE
08-28-2014, 10:44 AM
Georgia is the ****.. and Atlanta is where the action it at lately.

PLENTY of classic car stuff going on here..

Bottledbird68
08-28-2014, 10:57 AM
Georgia is the ****.. and Atlanta is where the action it at lately.

PLENTY of classic car stuff going on here..

Exactly my thinking. Plus I like the more liberal laws regarding vehicle modification down there. I just don't want to go and hope to find a decent job I like (if I'm going to give up my own business I at least want to stay working on other peoples toys) and aren't really sure how to go about job hunting when I live 15+ hours away...

rusty428cj
08-31-2014, 02:48 PM
I'm looking for help we are in the Tampa Bay area

Bottledbird68
08-31-2014, 09:41 PM
Still looking for opportunities in Georgia but rusty I'm pm'ing you know to hear what you're looking for.

vanzuuk1
09-16-2014, 01:42 PM
If I go south it will be Georgia, I have inlaws there, I like peaches and I want to go light to light with mr vengeance...

Mr.VENGEANCE
09-16-2014, 02:00 PM
Yo D I saw the vid you sent me homie!.. RAWWWW!!!

vanzuuk1
09-17-2014, 02:28 AM
Its a shame that nice slide was far from the camera..next time I will kill it.

showbizcustom
12-06-2014, 08:56 PM
Im in georgia and may be interested. Pm me

minendrews68
12-09-2014, 04:00 PM
sounds a bit biased to me.... hahaha...............