PDA

View Full Version : What is Going on With MCI Modern Classic Interiors

GRNOVA
08-25-2014, 07:30 AM
I am sorry to have to write a post like this. I have ordered a ton of items from sponsors on this site, I am in the same situation as couple people on here. May 28th is the day I ordered my custom console for my 65 Nova . I was also told "2 weeks" on May 28th is is now Aug 25 and still nothing. I have emailed,called and even sent my Father to check up on in in Fort Wayne. this helped a little. About 2 weeks later (Aug 14) after bugging him with emails,(we are talking 1 a day) he finally sent me a picture. But still no console He said in the email that this was a new console ,new glove box, and new cup holders. he also said that New tooling was involved and is time consuming and expensive. Ok, a little heads up to let e know whats going on after I drop 350.00. I guess I am writing this just so others do not get in the same situation. i really do not know anything I could have done different in order to secure a line of communication. we will see what happens.:fingersx:

andrewb70
08-26-2014, 02:01 PM
Folks, if you have had a similar experience with a vendor, please start your own thread. Feedback forum rules state that only the original poster and the vendor may post in a given thread.

Thank you...

Andrew

GRNOVA
08-26-2014, 07:15 PM
My Father drove to The place where MCI resides to talk to mike in person today. As he arrived at the location he noticed that the shop had been completely cleaned out. Upon advancing into the shop he noticed a few fiberglass pieces on the floor and ran into Mike. My dad asked him what was going on? He told him he was in the process of moving to another location and was trying to paint and finish a few items before he left this building. He asked Mike what was going on with my console? And if we could just pick it up today?. Mike told him that the console was not here and "NO" we could not have the console till it was complete. My dad said that it would be fine we will bring it back after we test fit it in the car so my wiring could continue. Mike asked us if we wanted a full refund he would be happy to give it to us, and said that no one is going to rush him into finishing something. He said he would start working on it again at the beginning of next week. He also told my Dad that he was going to call me tonight, 10:10pm and still no phone call from Mike. I feel stuck I put a lot of time in designing the mockup of the console and the shop wiring the car has been extreamly patient with me during this whole ordeal...So again we wait!

GRNOVA
08-27-2014, 02:48 AM
Mike, has contacted me by email and wants to make things right. He will be finishing up my console next week. He has offered me a full refund but I declined. I know custom stuff takes time. Being custom there'd needs to be an open line of communication. Something he needs to work on right now.

GRNOVA
08-29-2014, 01:48 PM
Mike sent me a picture and said the console should be complete next week.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2014/08/60BF64A3BD264F7A83E4EFB67474BA00_zpsikwd-1.jpg (http://s300.photobucket.com/user/tnt342/media/65%20nova/60BF64A3-BD26-4F7A-83E4-EFB67474BA00_zpsikwd9lxo.jpg.html)

GRNOVA
09-18-2014, 02:39 PM
I am lost for words... No response or anything and defiantly no console he told me 1 week that was 3 weeks ago! I am more pissed off now than anything. He has held up the entire build and now I am looking to this site since he is still a current and active sponsor/vendor for help in contacting him.

andrewb70
09-18-2014, 03:38 PM
Tim,

My suggestion is that you contact your credit card company and file a claim. This site doesn't get in the middle of disputes. We have provided the feedback forum so that any potential new customers might be aware of issues with any vendors , sponsoring or not. This is way more than what other forums do. It seems you aren't the only one having a problem with this vendor.

Andrew

GRNOVA
10-05-2014, 03:57 PM
Thanks Andrew, I was finally contacted by Mike and he told me that my console will be completed and shipped on October 10, 2014. I will be anxiously awaiting and will keep everyone updated.