PDA

View Full Version : Texas Goodguys

USAZR1
09-26-2005, 02:53 PM
The Texas Goodguys event is this weekend. How many of you are planning to attend?
I'll probably be there Saturday,,with my P-T Forum t-shirt on. :icon_razz

smittys69
09-26-2005, 04:40 PM
Will know tomorrow for sure but looks like it right now. Tentatively planning on leaving Kansas on Friday afternoon to be there Sat morning.

derekf
09-26-2005, 05:02 PM
I think I'm gonna pass - I seem to have done something bad to my spine and walking a couple of miles sounds really unpleasant... which is really too bad, I'd love to meet some of you.

Boyd
09-26-2005, 05:03 PM
I'll be there. Not sure which day yet. It's lookin' like Sat. morning.

USAZR1
09-26-2005, 06:00 PM
I think I'm gonna pass - I seem to have done something bad to my spine and walking a couple of miles sounds really unpleasant... which is really too bad, I'd love to meet some of you.
WTH! What did you do to yourself,Derek?

Modo Innovations
09-26-2005, 06:03 PM
I'll be there Sat. morning with the oldest son. It has become a tradition with us.

derekf
09-26-2005, 06:07 PM
WTH! What did you do to yourself,Derek?

Doc says it's sciatica (herniated disc pinches nerve going to the leg) and it should go away in a few weeks. In the meanwhile, while he says there's nothing wrong with walking around a swap meet, I've tried going around the block and it turns out to not be a good idea.

Boyd
09-26-2005, 06:18 PM
Get Well soon derek. I need to stop by and see ya like I said I would. I've been busy at the auction. GM had a 1200 car auction last week! Can I give you a call tomorrow?

USAZR1
09-26-2005, 06:19 PM
Man,I hate it that you can't be there,pal.

derekf
09-26-2005, 06:20 PM
Sure, give a call tomorrow. The welding class got cancelled so I'll be around.

Clint, yeah, I'd been looking forward to it... I really hated to not go to the swap at the Ballpark last weekend too.

MuscleRodz
09-26-2005, 06:21 PM
I would be there Saturday except for a little league game I have to help coach. I will have to pass this year.

Mike

69rs
09-27-2005, 03:10 AM
Doc says it's sciatica (herniated disc pinches nerve going to the leg) and it should go away in a few weeks. In the meanwhile, while he says there's nothing wrong with walking around a swap meet, I've tried going around the block and it turns out to not be a good idea.

Good luck with that. My wife has it (or gets it) every couple months or so and can't get comfortable walking, standing, sitting or laying down.

BADVELLE
09-27-2005, 05:20 AM
Grab some pic's of the Camaro that will be in the DSE booth, they are just finishing it and it sounds bad @$$! By the way, the Mustang that the Ring Brothers did (black) was very nice. I believe someone had posted pic's of this one before from Indy or Columbus I believe. Anyway, very nice ride.

USAZR1
09-27-2005, 10:20 AM
DSE will be there this weekend? Sounds like a good place for us P-T guys to congregate. What sounds like a good time to do so? 11am sounds good to me.

Boyd
09-27-2005, 01:46 PM
I can meet at the DSE booth at 11am. Anyone else?

4MuscleMachines
09-27-2005, 02:39 PM
I am about 8hrs away but I am willing to make the trip if its a large event. Can anyone comment on it? How has it been in the past?

Boyd
09-27-2005, 03:21 PM
I am about 8hrs away but I am willing to make the trip if its a large event. Can anyone comment on it? How has it been in the past?
Goodguy's or a P/T gathering? If it's Goodguy's you're questioning it is a LARGE event. Lots of cars - professional built and otherwise. There's a swap meet, Car Corral (cars for sale), tons of street machines (everything from restored Model-Ts to g-machines to low-riders and everything in between.) One of my favorite things to do while at the show is scope out the cars in the parking lot. I've spotted some really cool rides out there. There's also tons of vendors passing out freebies (our old fridge just got moved to the garage- i.e. the BEER fridge needs lots of speed stickers..) Bring sunscreen and a digital camera that can hold ALOT of pictures.

smittys69
09-27-2005, 06:42 PM
I'll be there. Riding down with my buddy that got a Boyd's pro-pick last weekend at KC with his 71 Chevy pickup. Meeting at 11 at DSE works for me.

Modo Innovations
09-28-2005, 02:30 AM
I'll be there....

Tony C.
09-28-2005, 04:43 AM
I'll be there. As luck would have it, this weekend I will be visiting my in-laws and they are about an hour away from Ft. Worth.

Tony C.

smittys69
10-03-2005, 06:22 PM
Did anyone make it on Sat? I was at the booth but unfortunately I didn't know any of you or who to look for. Did meet SW on Sunday (WOW - what a sweet ride). Maybe next time

USAZR1
10-03-2005, 09:53 PM
Yeah,I hung out and talked to Kyle for awhile. Shannon came up and we talked about his new billet pedal covers.

zbugger
10-03-2005, 10:32 PM
..... I was at the booth but unfortunately I didn't know any of you or who to look for.....
That's why you need the Pro-Touring.com t-shirt. Wear that at the show, and you'll definitely be noticed and recognizeable to fellow board members. :seizure:

USAZR1
10-04-2005, 10:58 AM
I was wearing mine and some people did notice.
Black t-shirts are not the best wear for the Texas heat,though.

smittys69
10-04-2005, 11:56 AM
I gotta get me a shirt. Where the heck do we get one - I haven't seen anything associated with the on-line store yet?

rayy
10-04-2005, 12:53 PM
I was there Sat and did not see a pro touring shirt anywhere. I did not want to hang around DSE booth very long I might get linched being a Ford guy just kidding. I wish they would start making Mustang parts love there products from what I have seen they make nice stuff.

BADVELLE
10-07-2005, 06:46 AM
I was there Sat and did not see a pro touring shirt anywhere. I did not want to hang around DSE booth very long I might get linched being a Ford guy just kidding. I wish they would start making Mustang parts love there products from what I have seen they make nice stuff.

Just hold on, I believe they are coming in the very near future.