PDA

View Full Version : How much roll steer should i build into my 4 link? or should i not?

jercars
08-15-2014, 12:48 PM
Searched high and low and I can't find any guidelines on roll steer. I know how it works and what it does but I'm trying to figure out a good starting point. Not sure if I should start with some rear over steer, under steer, or just neutral. Car is a 68 Charger with an iron headed Hemi so it's a larger, heavier car that what most guys run. Front end is set up currently with front roll center 1" above ground during dive. Can anyone give me some rough ideas where I should be starting when I run the car in autoX?

RobNoLimit
08-16-2014, 05:41 AM
Roll steer can be a great tuning tool, or a nightmare. Not knowing what causing the car to react in a certain way will lead to bad decisions in set up tuning. Do yourself a favor and start out neutral. The nose heavy car will probably have two ills to cure 1) push on corner entry, 2) loose on corner exit. Once you've got the shocks and springs close, adding some 'Roll over-steer' or 'roll out' as I would call it, will help in the corner entry and middle (or 'roll zone') but it may make the car looser on the corner exit. Raising the anti-squat and/or softening front rebound and/or softening rear compression will help with the exit. As a general rule, for me anyways, the slower the speeds, the more roll-out I may tune in. - good luck.