PDA

View Full Version : Hydroboost brake pedal height adjustment

BigBlockOlds
08-14-2014, 06:26 PM
Hello everyone. I've finally have my car to the point where I'm working on the small driveability items and one of those I've found is the brake pedal height.
Is there an adjustment on the brake pedal rod for a Hydratech hydroboost unit that would allow me to move the pedal further from the floor? Right now the brake pedal is about even if not a little lower than the gas pedal and just feels awkward.

Thanks,

renegade6
08-17-2014, 08:54 AM
I ended up cutting link off of the rod, put threads on the rod and used the end that attaches to the brake pedal that originally came with my car.

BigBlockOlds
08-17-2014, 12:26 PM
So I guess this means that the rod that comes with the Hydroboost setup isn't adjustable? :(

Considering I just reinstalled my entire dash I was hoping it could be something simple I could do. Doesn't sound like it.

renegade6
08-18-2014, 07:00 PM
If it doesn't have threads on it, then unfortunately, no.

BigBlockOlds
08-23-2014, 08:29 AM
Well I lucked out. Talked with Jim at Hydratech and they gave me a great, detailed email on what to check and what I could do to get the pedal height higher.
Turns out that the brake rod was threaded so I will be able to get the pedal height I wanted.

Of course I find that the stud on the side of the brake pedal was hitting my clutch slave cylinder rod if I moved the brake pedal to the correct height. So, as much as I hated to do it, I pulled the entire dash back out of the car. Figured it would be easier and quicker to do that than trying to fight with everything in the tight space I had.

Thanks,

renegade6
08-23-2014, 01:40 PM
Glad you figured it out!