PDA

View Full Version : Looking for test cars.. SoCal / Willow Springs

Steve1968LS2
08-04-2014, 03:54 PM
So, here's the deal.

Super Chevy is having their annual "suspension shoot out" on August 25th and 26th (Monday/Tuesday) at Streets of Willow (Willow Springs) raceway.

They have 6 or so manufacturers but would like some regular cars as well.

I've been tasked with finding 6 or so cars for the event. You would need to be there Sunday or EARLY Monday AM.. and you can split around sundown on Tuesday. You will get some time on the track to run, but Super Chevy will also be doing some testing on your car

Road Course
Slalom
Braking
Skidpad

As to the road course the world famous Mary Pozzi will be the pilot.. Don't worry, Dave will be there to keep her in line. lol

My problem is that I know mostly Camaros.. and I need Chevys of all types.. so I'm really looking for Chevelles, Novas, Tri-Fives or whatever. Open to more Camaros if they are cool (have two already)

Cars will be shot for the magazine, so they need to be presentable, but they don't have to be showcars..

email me at [email protected] if it sounds good or post here with questions.

howehot
08-04-2014, 06:52 PM
I would love to have the Monte Carlo out there. I'ld like her take on the Schwartz Performance chassis under it. Last year at Optima's Faceoff she rode on the autox but left before I got back I the afternoon for her to drive it. This is a great read every year.

Steve1968LS2
08-04-2014, 08:26 PM
Well, it's a bit of a drive for you.. but I like the idea.. lol

howehot
08-05-2014, 02:56 PM
We're running SORC in Nebraska this weekend, California can't be that far out of the way home. Oops, just remembered, the wife knows how to shoot.

DesertFox
08-05-2014, 03:30 PM
Must be Chevy? Or just Chevy powered?

Steve1968LS2
08-05-2014, 07:00 PM
Its for Super Chevy magazine.. so has to be a Chevy inside and out..

Thanks though.. still have slots to fill..

Bad94
08-07-2014, 06:05 AM
Sounds like you need a car like mine but I'm on the wrong side of the states.

bbcowboy
08-07-2014, 10:11 AM
Oh man, I just got to get my car done, I am close by the track and I drive a Chevy with Chevy power....

08-09-2014, 07:52 PM
Man I wish my car would be ready by then. I probably could be if I quit my job for two weeks and wrenched. I think mine would be a nice low buck comparison to some of the higher end stuff. I think it would do well and would be really curious how it compared mostly since I'm sticking with leafs and a big block.