PDA

View Full Version : DSE master cylinder

DButler
07-30-2014, 06:58 AM
I am currently installing a dse master cylinder and booster combo on my 69 camaro. I am currently building the car and I have started fabricating my new brake lines. I am building stainless lines because I like the look. I am building my own so that I can route them neatly and cleanly the way I want. Well on my 67 camaro with a wilwood master cylinder the ports are front to front brakes and rear to rear brakes. If I am not mistaking the old dse design was the same. I have started fabricating my brake lines when I was reading a forum and noticed the new dse design is front to rear and rear to front. So I called dse to ask because like I said I have started fabricating my lines backwards and I really don't want to start over. So the new design is front to rear and rear to front. My question is why? Is a bore size difference or does it really matter. I could not get a straight forward answer from the tech on the line because he didn't know but before I start over I want to be sure that it will not work properly as is...any help is appreciated...thanks

D.Alman
07-30-2014, 06:59 PM
I have the new design and instructions state front to rear and rear to front . Would be nice if someone would offered some nice lines pre bent for this setup .

D.Alman
07-31-2014, 12:53 PM
Sorry must have read this elsewhere directions doesn't list ports in any order.

DButler
07-31-2014, 06:33 PM
They sure don't so now I have to remake my brake lines! Damn it haha