PDA

View Full Version : Optima Search for the Ultimate Street Car TV Series Official Premiere Schedule 2014

Trackside-Brandy
07-18-2014, 01:03 PM

USCA has released the Official upcoming air dates for the Optima Search for the Ultimate Street Car TV Series. Below are the dates, times and episodes that will be premiering throughout this year leading up to the 2014 Optima Ultimate Street Car Invitation following SEMA November 8-9th. Stay tune for further added air dates as more USCA events come to a town near you.

<tbody>
July 17th
8 pm ET
5 pm PT
OPTIMA Ultimate Street Car Invitational

August 1st
8 pm ET
5 pm PT
OPTIMA's Search for the Ultimate Street Car TV Series Introduction Special

August 1st
11 pm ET
8 pm PT
OPTIMA's Search for the Ultimate Street Car TV Series Intro

August 2nd
8 pm ET
5 pm PT

August 3rd
5 am ET
2 am PT

August 8th
8 pm ET
5 pm PT
USCA Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

August 8th
11 pm ET
8 pm PT

August 9th
8 pm ET
5 pm PT

August 10th
5 am ET
2 am PT

August 15th
8 pm ET
5 pm PT
USCA Texas Motor Speedway

August 15th
11 pm ET
8 pm PT

August 16th
8 pm ET
5 pm PT

August 17th
5 am ET
2 am PT

August 22nd
8 pm ET
5 pm PT
USCA Daytona International Speedway

August 22nd
11 pm ET
8 pm PT

August 23rd
5 am ET
2 am PT

August 24th
8 pm ET
5 pm PT

August 29th
8 pm ET
5 pm PT
USCA Auto Club Speedway

August 29th
11 pm ET
8 pm PT
USCA Auto Club Speedway

August 30th
8 pm ET
5 pm PT
USCA Auto Club Speedway

August 31st
5 am ET
2 am PT
USCA Auto Club Speedway

</tbody>

Want to know if your cable network has MAVTV? Click the link below to see who MAVTV has recently signed with and how to get MAVTV in your home.
http://www.mavtv.com/get-mavtv/find-mavtv.html

To find out more on the Optima Search for the Ultimate Street Car TV Series and MAVTV visit: http://www.mavtv.com/shows/optima-search-for-the-ultimate-street-car.html

Think you have what it takes to be the Ultimate Street Car? Want a chance to be on the Optima Search for the Ultimate Street Car TV Series? There are only four more events left this year to claim your chance for a spot on TV and win a chance to compete in the 2014 Optima Ultimate Street Car Invitation in Las Vegas, NV. Visit http://driveusca.com/ for complete information on how you can register for an upcoming event.

stage2ROUSH
08-09-2014, 09:37 AM
Ok so here goes nothing. Sorry but I REALLY hope every show is not going to be about TALKING thru the entire show and VERY short clips ( sort of ) of the actual runs !!! I really dont care to hear about it ! hate to be "that guy " but if they are all like the Laguna episode, I guess I will just have to hope the event after SEMA, is done the way its been done in years past. sorry just my 2cents but so far its boring . I want to see some of the runs on autox, road coarse, all of the run ( not meaning every car ) but way more of the runs .

72BBSwinger
08-09-2014, 11:35 AM
^^^^ This, I think its great that the show and coverage exists for sure. I hope you guys let the CARS DO THE TALKING in the future episodes. The first episode covered the WHY all the guys do it and how its a lifestyle.

stage2ROUSH
08-09-2014, 01:49 PM
^^^^ This, I think its great that the show and coverage exists for sure. I hope you guys let the CARS DO THE TALKING in the future episodes. The first episode covered the WHY all the guys do it and how its a lifestyle.
Nice to see we arent the only ones with the same feeling !!! let the cars talk not the guy with 2 goatee's !

LemonTwisted
08-09-2014, 05:08 PM
I have to admit I was a little disappointed watching the Laguna Seca episode last night. It felt more like an infomercial for the USCA than race/event coverage. I was hoping for more of the same as previous years with Goldberg but with more details and highlights of some of the cars. I don't mean to be harsh but I think the commercials had more action than the show. My 2 cents worth.

howehot
08-10-2014, 05:13 PM
I like the new format. No announcer screaming trying to create a hype that wasn't. The competition for the win is among the few, this show shows the guy without a chance to get that win. The old format gave a few complete runs but misled the viewer by saying "The new leader" that never was.

The new show shows what the events are all about. There is a competition but the cars and people make the events what they are. I think showing the variety of cars will get the people on the sidelines to get out and enjoy their car and build the involvement around the country.

Shortening the explanations of the 5 elements would allow more car coverage and that is my only suggestion. if you want to see more of the cars, attend and event and you will see all you want.

I attended event that Golberg hosted. If you like arrogance, he's your guy. Chad Reynolds is just the opposite. It's not me me me anymore. It's bitchin this and cool that.

Zee
08-12-2014, 10:00 AM
I watched both the intro and the Laguna competition and was dissappointed. Sorry, to be honest but in the spirit of being constructive, there is way....way too much talking. I watched it with several of my non-enthusiast relatives and it got to a point where they could predict the next cliche` line about "its not just about the car" before it was dropped. As it sits now, I have seen a ton of film on some guy with a Pinto. Seems like nice enough of a guy and car but I don't know anything about him or what mods make this Pinto so special to absorb as much time as it did. In the end, I have no idea how he finished and then in the last 5 mins of the show, you announce winners but your audience has no idea who they are or what cars they drove as none of them were featured. Sorry if it stings a bit but in my opinion, I am not sure why anyone who either didn't participate in the event or the production of the show would care. There is very little if any connection between the audience, the drivers or the cars.

My suggestion would be to keep it simple: Each episode have a few drivers do a short bio about themselves, how they got started, what drives them to participate then tell us about their car, the car's history with them, what engine, trans, suspension, brakes etc. What they think is the modification they are most proud of. That way, you begin to car about both the driver and the car. Then I want to see how they fare. That way, I care how they do because I know something about them and their car and an audience connection can be established.

csouth
08-12-2014, 10:50 AM
I know this thread needs a "like" button as most of the comments are spot on. Way too much talking and not enough car action featured. As someone that is generally interested in the events, it was a tough watch having attended and watched the show in the past. Even if you don't like Goldberg as a host, the show format worked IMO. Insert new host and network and keep the ball rolling.

stage2ROUSH
08-15-2014, 06:41 PM
{Shortening the explanations of the 5 elements would allow more car coverage and that is my only suggestion. if you want to see more of the cars, attend and event and you will see all you want.} While get the comment, what about the small guys that 1) live NO where near an event, and 2) seeing these amazing cars on TV doing what they were built to do this is the only way we get to see them. sorry still not buying it , but to each his own thats why OUR country is great !