PDA

View Full Version : where is the resistor pack on 2nd gen camaro?

Camaro_Dan
09-23-2005, 01:59 PM
I have an AC car but the AC is long gone, and there is some home made crap sitting there. I am planning on getting the AC delete box from american grafitti but I don't know where the resistor pack is installed? I have to buy one from Classic Industries and need pictures from people who has done the same thing, there's got to be some here at least.

Thanks guys.

derekf
09-23-2005, 05:59 PM
Wouldn't the resistor pack be inside the suitcase where the air would flow over it? (sorry, no 2nd gen to verify with).

Camaro_Dan
09-25-2005, 02:28 AM
the suitcase? come on people with 2nd gens there is no easy way to do this without the original stuff in my car. So info and/or pictures plz

MrQuick
09-25-2005, 08:07 AM
check with yody, i think he deleted that section of wires.

you could just cut a hole in the new air box, drill two holes and screw them in.

Camaro_Dan
09-26-2005, 12:24 AM
ok, Yody if you see this, could you plz explain to me how you did it? where you put the resistors and any other good need to know stuff :D Thanks

yody
09-26-2005, 11:50 AM
i drilled a big hole and mounted the resistor pack inside the air box, had to use a nonac resistor pack, i had a hella a time figuring out the wiring on my car but i think the camaro wiring is much easier. I mounted mine in the bottom of the box, but apparanlty its possiblet to get water in there.

Camaro_Dan
09-26-2005, 02:39 PM
hmm ok thanks Yody. Did your resistor look ANYTHING like this? http://www.level6.se/resistorn.jpg

how come you had to use a resistorpack from a non ac car? my resistorpack that I have has 4 spade connectors on top. Why I don't know but in the wiring diagram for 73 AC car it says 4 connectors too. but in classic industries catalog it has only 3 on the picture. so I'm a bit lost. I don't even think my resistor pack is from a camaro at all. it's SOO big!

Camaro_Dan
10-05-2005, 07:37 AM
up?

MrQuick
10-05-2005, 10:09 PM
It was a factory AC car and he didn't want to mess with the wiring.

yody
10-06-2005, 06:56 AM
I had to use it because, the wiring on my system was really weird, and it took like 2 weeks to get it to work.