PDA

View Full Version : question about emissions?!?

badazzbowties
09-22-2005, 10:55 PM
I have a question I have recently moved to Phoenix, AZ. and realized they expect my car ( a 1968 camaro) to pass a emissions test. Well it is not stock, and there is no way it will pass one, now I have seen other classic cars here above 1967 ( there emission cut-off year) which dont look,sound,smell stock and have arizona licenses and registration and I dont know how they do it. there has to be some kind of loop hole im not seeing. I know this question isnt in this subject but I wasnt really sure where to put it so if anyone from phoenix knows what im talking about and knows a secret or two please help me out because otherwise I dont know what to do. thanks

RobM
09-22-2005, 11:48 PM
i doubt it will have to pass a very strict test... just make sure your not smoking and nothing is leaking and go for it id say you might be suprised. you could always try knocking the timing down as low as possible and just run good gas. i would try and call come local shops or people in the know and see what they think.

BonzoHansen
09-23-2005, 07:03 AM
Do private stations do the inspections there? If so, go ask the guys that work there and get their input on what they look for, etc.

If not, call DMV and get the lowdown.