PDA

View Full Version : 2nd NorthEast Gathering?

MrAngry
09-21-2005, 10:52 AM
Hey guys -

SO! any info, ideas, thoughts on having a fall get together / cruise for NY, NJ, PA guys? I'm getting really itchy since I missed the first one. I also just ordered a new Holley Street Avenger 770 Carb. for the Charger so it best get some use before the season totally craps out on us.

Lets get some opinions and or dates together and start planning this ok.

Cheers - Mike

vanzuuk1
09-21-2005, 12:46 PM
Mike Call me again and we can discuss some ideas , I know your having carb issues and steevo is out for the year. We could do a foliage cruise like a bunch of senior citizens. It all depends on whos in, once I know that I will tailor it to whoevers coming.

I am going to lime rock this weekend if anyones interested.EMRA is having an event.

Ralph LoGrasso
09-21-2005, 03:50 PM
I will probably have to bail on anything farther than LI, depending on when the cruise is. I've either got one of my rear 02 sensors screwed up, or one of my cats is bad, and I'm getting and SES light and like 8mpg. Coming late October I'll have a set of Stainless Works Long Tube Headers, and Off Roady Y, so if I can get them in before, and get some tuning software, I'll be able to go. I may also be able to get some tuning software before hand and delete the rear-02s, but I'm not sure how that will go yet, I've gotta make some calls. Until then though, I'm limited to local stuff.

TPI Monte SS
09-21-2005, 04:49 PM
I'm a high-school band director, so most of my Saturdays in Sept. and Oct. are spent with the band at football games. A Sunday cruise would be do-able, or maybe a Wednesday evening meet at Bear Mountain? How much longer does that run?

vanzuuk1
09-21-2005, 05:23 PM
I can do bear mt whenever you want.

Mike there is a car show near me oct second or I will take a ride whenever you want.

toxicz28
09-21-2005, 05:33 PM
...I'm getting and SES light and like 8mpg.
That sucks! But look at the bright side.... it is now cheaper to drive the Tahoe!:naughty: (I bet you never thought you'd hear that one)

Ralph LoGrasso
09-21-2005, 06:35 PM
That sucks! But look at the bright side.... it is now cheaper to drive the Tahoe!:naughty: (I bet you never thought you'd hear that one)

LOL, yeah I never thought the Tahoe would be cheaper to drive, and actually, on my first full tank after heading back to school for the fall semester, I saw 15.29mpg out of the Tahoe! I was astonished. I raised tire pressure 20psi (from 40psi to 60psi--screw comfort, the ride sucks but gas mileage is good, lol!), washed and gave her a really good wax job. When I filled back up after the first tank, and computed mileage, I was ecstatic over the 15mpg. I think if I fill the tires to 65psi (max cold pressure), get a fresh air filter, and ease off the throttle some more, I could see 16mpg. The driving was about 70% highway, 30% city, with speeds averaging 70mph on the highway, and some traffic. :bananna2:

rob07002
09-22-2005, 06:12 AM
I'm in, I would love to meet you guys.... I think of a few ideas and post...

Anybody going to the Englishtown Fall Swapmeet this weekend? If so let me know I'll be there Friday Night, Sat Night, and all day Sunday trying to help sell my buds SG car.

YoungGun
09-22-2005, 09:26 AM
I should be able to come home from school a weekend and come meet up with you guys again. I get nice foliage out my back door, view of the mountain, but I am a pretty long hike up through CT. But count me in.

Tim

rob07002
09-22-2005, 09:41 AM
I get nice foliage out my back door,

Tim

:lol: :rotfl: :scared: Thats gotta hurt!

MrAngry
09-22-2005, 12:43 PM
Well - I'm putting my new Carb on Charger Tuesday and then I'm going in for some dyno testing - I know Sunday Oct 2. is no good - there is Conquers De Elegance in Central Park - its sponsored by Ferrari and I really don't want to miss it, but I can do Sat. the 1st or the weekend of the 8th/9th.

vanzuuk1
09-23-2005, 01:54 PM
mike I will wait to hear from you, you got a bum deal last time so call me at the same number and we will plan a sick cruise. Hot rods and foliage! And... beer... and strippers!

OK , maybe soda and our wives.

toxicz28
09-27-2005, 03:37 PM
Any updates on this? I would have gone to the first one, but I found out about it the day after.

vanzuuk1
09-27-2005, 04:08 PM
I was kind of waiting on mr angry and steevo to give me a date. I was going to head across 301 to bear mountain, then grab lunch in that area or in croton.

toxicz28
09-27-2005, 04:22 PM
That sounds cool. Keep us posted.

YoungGun
10-13-2005, 08:26 AM
TTT.

Any news? I know weather is badddddddd, but I am planning on comin come in the next few weeks and will try to do it the weekend that you guys decide. Just checking in.

Mr. Angry, Any luck with the problems?

Thanks
Tim

Steve Chryssos
10-14-2005, 04:14 AM
I'd love to hook up. I could use a break. Mr Angry, I will need a ride. Especially if you bring HIM along. Pick a date (not during SEMA) and I'll try to be there.

TPI Monte SS
10-14-2005, 05:20 AM
I live 15 minutes from the GWB, so I'm within an hour of LI or Bear Mountain. Let me know what you guys want to do? I'd like to get the car out if Mother Nature will call the rain off!

Ralph LoGrasso
10-14-2005, 01:15 PM
Why don't we shoot for a Mid-November Long Island cruise? This way it's after SEMA. It'll be our one last event before putting the cars away for winter most likely. Lots of nice roads in the Hamptons, and traffic shouldn't be an issue this time of the year. It'll probably be pretty deserted out there?

TPI Monte SS
10-14-2005, 05:08 PM
Ralph, that's a great idea. I'd really like to go out there, but I might have to work the first and second Saturday of November. Could we shoot for a Sunday?

Ralph LoGrasso
10-14-2005, 05:38 PM
I don't see why a Sunday wouldn't work. It would probably be the second or third weekend in November. I guess we'll have to see who would participate and then vote on a date.

toxicz28
10-14-2005, 07:14 PM
I'm in for this one! Just let me know a date.

David Pozzi
10-14-2005, 07:16 PM
Shouldn't this post be in a different section???? :dunno:

Ralph LoGrasso
10-15-2005, 02:11 PM
It certainly should. I didn't notice before. Thread moved, thanks for the heads up.

Ralph LoGrasso
10-15-2005, 02:11 PM
I'm making a new thread to gauge interest in a mid-late November Long Island cruise.