PDA

View Full Version : My 63 Studebaker Standard lark stripper 5.3 Turbo

casey86cuda
05-30-2014, 07:34 PM
Hi everybody update on my lark I bought my first LS 5.3 engine and trans for 1000.00 dollars it has 89k on the motor so I did some measurements looks like she will fit need to fab up motor mount brackets , need a shorter fan assy or go with radiator puller fans.Guys Im at the beginning of a journey that is total out of my comfort zone and will need alot of help ,my expertise is paint & body I work by myseIf I have my own shop just me.I I'm a excellant welder and be around cars all my life.What I will need help with is knowledge about what metals to use when doing certain work like bending tubing to build my own roll cage what thickness metal to use for motor mounts whats a good tube bender for guy on a buget is I have my own business but that doesn't mean I rich just free.I guess what Im trying to say I have alot to learn about fabrication and the proper techiques but Im a sponge yes I can put qrt panels on a roadrunner but I want to be able to take my lark and make it one of a kind.So please bear with me now that I have the motor and tran I think I will start fabing up motor mounts and rear crossmember just to get started.I have to say ya, ll are artist with your talents with metal I already feel confortable here. Well it wont let me load pictures must be doing something wrong seems like Im always on a learning curve.As soon as I figure out how to post pictures I will.

casey86cuda
05-31-2014, 12:09 PM
:) Trying to post pictures of my project

casey86cuda
05-31-2014, 01:42 PM
Seem Im have trouble loading pictures but Im trying

casey86cuda
05-31-2014, 01:47 PM
More picture seem I can only upload one at a time Help I know Im not the sharpest knife in the draw what Im I doing wrong.

casey86cuda
05-31-2014, 01:51 PM
Heres my 5.3 with trans complete gave 1000.00 for all of it didnt thing I did bad on the deal has 89k on the motor going with one maybe 2 turbos.

camarorider
06-02-2014, 07:01 AM
Great project. Subscribed.

no go nova
06-02-2014, 07:14 AM
Nice project you never see these body styles. Whats the plan for the suspension?

PhillipM
06-21-2014, 12:16 PM
Glad to see there is at least 1 other Studebaker guy out there willing to modify them..