PDA

View Full Version : Oil Pan Scraped

73novaguy
09-20-2005, 07:00 PM
Hey guys, Its been awhile. I have the stock oil pan on my 502 (7quart) and it has scraped. I geuss with the 1.5 inches of clearence I had it was only a matter of time. My question was, what do you recommend for an oil pan for the car. I was looking at the Canton 15-320T. It is made for earlier Novas and Camaros and has a depth of 8 inches! Right now I have a TH350 with deep sump in that and 3 1/2 primaries on the headers! Will this pan fit. What has everyone else gone to. The lowest part of the car is the pan, other than that it is the headers with about 3 1/2 inches of clearence and sub frame has about 4 1/2. So if I could get the pan up aways without losing much capacity, I think I can manage the rest! Thanks!

73novaguy
09-21-2005, 07:26 AM
Stock pan depth is about 9 inches! So the Canton pan has alot more ground clearence, but how much room do the wings on the bottom of the pan take up? What all would you need to install this pan? ex. oil pick up, dipstick? I would kind of like to find a pan designed for road race so I can have the clearence needed!

Travis B
09-21-2005, 08:01 AM
we have a 502 in a 57' we took the pan off cut the bottom off of it! and made a new bottom and trimed out pick up down...... now the lowest part is the frame! :dunno:

rockdogz
09-21-2005, 12:02 PM
I used the Milodon pan, I think it's #30955. It's low, close to being the lowest part of the car, which does worry me some. I will have more to report after I get to drive it... :)

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

CUSTOMFAB
09-21-2005, 08:25 PM
HI guys!
I'm new to the site and also a new sponsor!Great site by the way.To address the clearance issues you've encountered,I fabricate custom valve covers,intakes and oil pans.I can supply the pan you require.Our pans are manufactured with the best aluminum available.The pan itself is manufactured out of 3003 aluminum ,the 1/4"rails and billet ends out of 6061T6.By CNC machining the end pieces,a more consistent radius is created thus eliminating the use of sealants.