PDA

View Full Version : Scott Mock 2013 VRP subframe "Issues/dangerous"

Build-It-Break-It
05-26-2014, 07:05 AM
First let me state that this thread is being made to state facts and not to bash anyone. This is based on my personal experience and everyone as adults should make there own finally decisions on were to spend there money and who to deal with. I have all emails to verify my posts and since contacting him he had changed his listing in the suspension section and deleted all pics of the new 2013 Scott Mock VRP frame design. This thread is also posted over at Lateral G with his replies.That being said on I go.

I talked to Scott Mock in mid December 2013 and purchased his new 2013 VRP frame design because he was running a $500 off for members,$5400 total. We discussed what I wanted done and a completion date of the end of January 2014. I paid his required $2700 deposit and waited.

After 3 months of his excuses, building me the wrong frame, snow, crack ribs, car show with his son and building me the wrong subframe and having to re build the right subframe for me, I finally received my subframe for my 68 Camaro.

On inspection i found cold/ bad welds, missing upper shock mount "diamond" supports, the cross member only had one mounting location for T56 transmission even tho his new design showed multiple transmission mounting locations,the frame was not Da'd or sanded ready for powder coating as his ad stated and the most recent was the sway bar mounting tube not square.

I contact Scott and he refund me $200 for not welding on the "diamond" upper shock support brackets, to grind out his bad welds and re weld myself and to sand the frame myself to get it ready to powder coat. I took the refund because something is better then nothing and he apologized. Recently when I went to install the sway bar it was difficult. I put the frame against the wall and checked for square and measured it and found the sway bar mount was way off.

I again contact Scott and he told me:

" i already refunded you $200, discounted the frame $500 ( even tho it was a discount for all members), the sway bar mount being off is an easy fix, just cut off one side , square it up and re weld it"

He then went on to tell me I could fix it myself easy or send it back on my dime and he'll fix another of his mistakes.

This was the last draw for me. I told him I'd keep the frame and repair it myself and I'd never do business with him again. I told him he should of done quality work to begin with and not count on the customer to do the repairs. If i didn't know how to weld I'd be paying more then his $200 refund to repair this frame at a shop. After a 3 month wait this frame should of been top notch.

To me customer service is everything and wrongs need to be corrected, no excuses. He did own up to his first mistakes and refunded me $200 but didn't correct the sway bar mistake. It was to many mistakes to begin with. I work graveyard shift and don't have time to return frames on my dime and wait for his mistake to be fixed for the 5th time after I already paid $5400 dollars.

Now I have to, bend and weld on the upper shock "diamond" supports, grind out and re weld bad welds,DA my own frame, cut off the transmission mounts and fabricate and weld on my own and now repair the crooked sway bar mount. All his mistakes.

He lost my business but most of all my respect.

I have all emails, pictures of his original posts, etc to verify everything. Members are also welcome to come view the frame before i repair it myself you see all his mistakes first hand.

Hope this helps members when making there next expensive purchase when customer service, safety, and money are in question.

He has since replied on lateral g and admitted ALL mistakes. He told me to either take the $200 and send the frame back, Take the $200 and fix his mistakes myself, or he'll send me the brackets he never put on etc.

This is bad customer service and no way how to treat a paying customer. Especially when safety is in question. If I didn't know how to weld etc, it would cost me more then his $200 refund to repair at a reputable shop. About 16 hours labor or more. I urge you, if you bought a frame from him to inspect it and measure it for being square and poor welds.

Below is a few pics of bad welds, crooked say bar mount, etc. Pictures with the levels and measuring tapes are to show how off the sway bar mount is on my frame. Sorry the images are out of order, but you guys should get the idea. Thanks Everyone

andrewb70
05-26-2014, 07:25 PM
Please note that our Feedback Forum rules don't allow posts from anyone except the interested parties.

Andrew

coolwelder62
06-04-2014, 09:59 AM
There is no reasonable solution this problem.

Build-It-Break-It
06-06-2014, 07:12 AM
There is a reasonable solution. Refund all my money and I would of sent back what I have. Or you could of built me what I paid for in the first place. I guess that's to hard to do? Easier to keep someones hard earned money and move on to the next victim I guess.

You choosing to do anything as a vendor even after all your mistakes and admitting them shows what kind of person you are.

You probably don't care because most of your time and followers are over on lateral g so you still have a loyal fan base over there.

Editing what you originally wrote in this thread also reflects on you and how you lie to customers and about them.

I got scammed by Scott Mock but I'll be careful next time.

Mediators , you can lock this thread if you like to.

Build-It-Break-It
07-22-2014, 01:00 PM
Well to updated this thread I have since tried to bolt up Scott mocks subframe only to find it won't bolt up properly. The rear of the frame is pushed outward 1" & 1/4 towards the rocker panels and at the front 1/2" outward as well. You cannot put the bolts at the rear of the frame without using a ratchet strap to pull the frame in to line up with the bolt holes. You also cannot move the frame at all on the body to square it up in any direction. I bolted up my friends factory subframe just to verify and his factory subframe bolts up and shifts in every direction fine, Scotts won't.

The lower control arm mounting points are off 1/4" the uppers are off 1/4", the radiator support its off 1/4", the threaded inserts aren't tapped properly, the rack and pinion doesn't clear the front support, the steering column doesn't clear the frame, the list goes on and on.

I've since contacted my bank about Scott Mock and they're doing an investigation on him as we speak. I did not receive what I paid for.

He has also tried to lie and slander my name on Facebook about this matter. I don't have a Facebook, twitter or Myspace account so I can't verify. Its just what I've been told. He's also trying to get me banned from lateral g for contacting my bank about his poor work for whatever reason? Even tho he's the one that build this unsafe frame?

Once again, any member is more then welcome to come and verify my statements and try to install his frame. From the start I just wanted what I paid for. Since I did not receive what I paid for I contacted my bank like any level headed person would. If anyone has any questions regarding his frame, rumors, lies, truths, to inspect my frame or any other issues, you are more then welcome to contact me. I have nothing to hide from anyone.

Thanks,
Ahmad B.

Build-It-Break-It
12-11-2014, 11:13 AM
Final update. After my banks investigation into Scott Mock they awarded me my last payment made to Scott of $2700 . He was suppose to refund the rest of my money but of course never did. The subframe was never sent back because after continuous lies from Scott mock and never responding to the other members thread were he also never replied to the allegations nor refunded the $7000 the other member got scammed out of.

Thank you to all who have contacted me and offered help in the matter and your support. I wish this never happened to me but it did.

Buyer beware.

Moderators you can lock this thread. This is my final update. Thank you.

coolwelder62
12-14-2014, 10:10 AM
A Repair,Replace,or Refund was never issued because the frame was never sent back. I offered to pay the return shipping to me ( and return shipping to you) all you had to do was put the frame back on the pallet take it to the business address so I could issue a call tag for return pick too me. You turned me down. As per Kansas Law I don't have to issue a refund until I get the product back. This is my final update.

Build-It-Break-It
04-18-2015, 07:28 PM
Just to update my thread I ended up selling the subframe I bought from Scott mock to a local shop that is willing and going to do all repairs needed to the subframe I got scammed from. Now I can move on and purchase one from a reputable vendor on here.

Members feedback doesn't lie. 3 people scammed already. Scott mock,chubby welding, vintage racing and performance, whatever name he's using needs to be banned and stopped from stealing from other members period