PDA

View Full Version : Any T56 Rebuilders Out There?

JodysTransmissions
09-20-2005, 07:53 AM
Does anyone here rebuild the T56? I would like to chat with other rebuilders of this 6 speed. Please send me a PM or my email address posted below.

Thanks, Jody

Monzsta
09-20-2005, 11:29 AM
I build 'em here at the dealership. Never seen anything wrong other then synchros trashed from guys ape shifting them. Mostly the SRT-10 trucks due to the enormous 3 foot shift lever they installed from Hurst.

JodysTransmissions
09-20-2005, 03:57 PM
I build 'em here at the dealership. Never seen anything wrong other then synchros trashed from guys ape shifting them. Mostly the SRT-10 trucks due to the enormous 3 foot shift lever they installed from Hurst.
Monzsta,

Thanks for the reply, what does the dealership charge for a T56 rebuild job using a master bearing/synchronizer kit?

Thanks, Jody

chicane67
09-20-2005, 07:34 PM
Yup, since 92-93.

They tend to eat sync's and the wimpy cast alloy shift forks.

In high hp/tq builds, its agood idea to add 0.015 to 0.025" of additional cluster shaft preload. I also like to "de-horn" the hub's, micro polish the main shaft bearing surfaces and if its a performance build used in road racing or autoX, I have even EDM'd some weight out of the gears..... more like reverse, first and second. For max effort, cryo'd gear set, main and cluster shafts.

I've used the RPM kits with good success. The bearing kit run around $195 and the sync's from the dealer were......??...... 25/per for the good multi composite three ring sets.

Travis B
09-27-2005, 08:20 AM
Yup, since 92-93.

They tend to eat sync's and the wimpy cast alloy shift forks.

In high hp/tq builds, its agood idea to add 0.015 to 0.025" of additional cluster shaft preload. I also like to "de-horn" the hub's, micro polish the main shaft bearing surfaces and if its a performance build used in road racing or autoX, I have even EDM'd some weight out of the gears..... more like reverse, first and second. For max effort, cryo'd gear set, main and cluster shafts.

I've used the RPM kits with good success. The bearing kit run around $195 and the sync's from the dealer were......??...... 25/per for the good multi composite three ring sets.

I am looking at buying a T56(94' I think) How much would you charge to put cync's in it! Seller told me it won't go into 5th!

ballistic69
10-05-2005, 02:30 PM
Jody check here

http://www.rsgear.com/RacePerformancefiles/frame.htm