PDA

View Full Version : Manual Linkage and headers?

68BNUT
09-20-2005, 06:25 AM
Has anybody experienced header clearance issues with a manual linkage setup on a first gen camaro?? Ive got my TKO setup on order and was looking at the block were the ball stud goes, there is a gap in the headers right there but it looks awful close in there :eek: .

Also if anybody could post some pics of the manual linkage setup in there first gens so I could see how this all gets hooked up in there. Im swaping from an auto so I have to start from scratch with linkage and all!! woo hoo cant wait! :cheers:

Woody
09-20-2005, 12:54 PM
Here is a picture that may help you some. At the left is the clutch fork and at the right is the z-bar. The adjustable rod in between is for clutch adjustment. Tried to get some other pics for you, but they did not show much. The z-bar goes between the headers and firewall and mounts to the block and outside of frame. No clearance problems on my car which is a 68 Camaro with small block. Let me know if you have any questions on where all the parts go.

I just got my TKO 600 installed and can't wait to try it out. Just waiting for new driveshaft.

Good luck

68BNUT
09-20-2005, 05:59 PM
Thanks for tacking the pick you probably had to crawl in there to get that!! So you have headers on your car also and it all fits? I see you got the spherical rod ends let me know how those work out.

Thanks

Woody
09-21-2005, 05:56 AM
Yes, I have headers and there are no clearance problems.

RobM
09-21-2005, 09:31 AM
mines all good. no problmes at all.

rockdogz
09-21-2005, 11:36 AM
I thought for sure I had a pic of my linkage on my site but I don't see it - hmm, car is in the body shop now.

I used the spherical links too, seemed like nice pieces. I'm running the Alston front subframe, and used Alston's headers. Fit is like a glove (although the engine mounts run through the tubes, so you have to pull the motor to change out the headers) and no clearance problems with manual linkage or steering shaft.

68BNUT
09-21-2005, 12:31 PM
cool preciate it guys.