PDA

View Full Version : Buyer beware

69cortezsilver
05-12-2014, 10:15 AM
Well I'll make this short and sweet, bought some $3000 fikse wheels from a member here "4musclemachines" that were "NIB" claimed exact fit for stock 1969 camaro..fast forward 3 years car is on road! Major tire rub on inner frame bad enough to destroy a $250 tire taking a corner, called Allen at fikse he stated from serial number not fit for camaro..I am a little frustrated to say the least contacted seller thru messages he was going to send "spacers" 2 weeks ago and now have lost contact guess I'll buy the spacers for the wheels I bought that don't fit, and buy the new tire that was destroyed awesome doing business with you Frank! Be more then happy to show pics etc if anyone would like to see

4MuscleMachines
05-19-2014, 06:19 PM
Three years later and now your posting feedback? I told you I would work with you even though I felt not responsible. I couldn't respond sooner since my account was hacked and Larry is aware of it. They were brand new never mounted at all. I am sure you can attest to this. I guess after selling many personal parts theres always one person you can't satisfy. I am sorry for the issues, but I purchased them for a 69 Camaro. Fiske is not without their own problems. I am still willing to help. PM your cell number so we can talk. Email is too slow especially when I don't check it but once a day at most.

69cortezsilver
05-20-2014, 11:51 AM
Number was pmed to you, as far as 3 years? yeah unfortunately some builds take that long, It was not my fault the wheels are no where close to working with stock camaro. 3K is alot of money to use as door stops

4MuscleMachines
05-21-2014, 09:42 PM
I have sold so many items on the forum and haven't received a complaint. I settled with the buyer after his purchase of three years and sent him a copy of the USPS money order I sent to him for $300.

The wheels were sold to him brand new never mounted from FIKSE, he can attest to that, not a tire mounted on them nor even mocked up on any car.

At any rate, I am at a loss why they did not fit his car even though I did not ask for any evidence. I suppose his car could have bad springs/bushings and rub his inner fenderwell bad enough for his tires to get cosmetically damaged. I would have checked before driving if they rubbed or not.

Fikse had their share of problems back then with issues of not delivering wheels, bad fitment, ect. They have since (I have heard) corrected their problems. Regardless, we settled on a $300 refund and it's on its way to him regardless of whose fault it was. I understand his situation and tried to help him the best I could.

69cortezsilver
05-26-2014, 07:06 AM
Seller did send money order so i guess we are squared up, the fact that its my fault? I guess we will have to agree to disagree, the wheels dont fit! period, its not worn out springs causing the rub, they where NOT built right for car period! as far as pictures, Frank you DID NOT want them..not sure why you are making me out to be a bad guy here, im the one thats supposed to have longer wheel studs put in rear, purchase spacers, just to drive. Not to mention buy a set of matching center caps so i can run them.You are right regardless we have settled done deal

andrewb70
05-26-2014, 08:24 AM
This thread seems to be wrapping up. If Frank wants to have a final rebuttal, he is free to do so.

As per Feedback forum rules, comments from other parties will not be allowed.

Andrew

4MuscleMachines
06-02-2014, 09:35 PM
Buyer and I had a quick conversation after his post. He admitted he was upset because he was being portrayed and viewed as the bad guy. I don't know where he perceives this but I told him I just posted facts and he agreed. I also told him in this case we will have those members who do see him as the bad guy but those who also see me as the bad guy as well. What confuses me is that when we speak he doesn't mention alot of the things he posted above and is very polite. I guess his frustration takes over and posts about it afterwards but I understand his point of view as well. It's a no win situation for both of us since so much time has passed.

69cortezsilver
06-12-2014, 08:46 AM
Well after having longer wheel studs installed in the rear, ordering 1/4" wheel spacers I still can't use these wheels...still rubbing on inner frame rail when cornering...can't go bigger then 1/4" spacer or the tires will be destroyed from quarter panel lip! Awesome!

andrewb70
06-12-2014, 08:57 AM
I am not taking sides here, but I do have a suggestion. I would give Allen at Fikse a call. If the wheels are in perfect condition, there is no reason that they can't swap out the inner and outer hoops and make the wheels to whatever backspacing that you need. They may do this free of charge or at a minimal cost. It is an avenue that I think is worth pursuing.

Andrew

69cortezsilver
06-12-2014, 09:54 AM

69cortezsilver
06-12-2014, 10:26 AM