PDA

View Full Version : Pontiac 461 EFI Stroker Engine Complete

old66tiger
05-12-2014, 08:06 AM
I am selling my engine to move to an LS and this engine has got to sell. The engine is 4 years old and runs great. This motor is made from the best of the best and runs strong. Idles with attitude and the throttle response is very crisp and fast with the EFI. The March system, powerbond balancer, timing cover and the flowcooler pump is brand new. Just installed a month ago. The EFI is phenomenal. Set the parameters from the drivers seat and it hits the target at all operating conditions. Never have to worry about running lean or rich and the engine revs quicker than any carb that that I have used. No more leaning over the fender to mess with a carb. This system has been zero trouble and easy to hook up.

461 cu.in Pontiac Engine - 1968 400 block
Block is line honed, bored with torque plate and zero decked
4.25" Stroke Forged Crank
Ross Forged Racing Pistons
Eagle Forged H-Beam Rods
Studded mains
Balanced and blue printed rotating assembly.
CNC Ported KRE Aluminum Heads
SD Performance Roller Cam, Comp Roller Lifters, PRW Roller Rockers
Custom BOP Engineering Valley Pan - Custom baffled for zero oil use
Tin Indian Billet Tech Valve Covers with Billet Specialties breathers
Billet Flywheel with RAM Power Grip clutch
MSD Billet Distributor, Wires and 6AL2 Ignition Box. Customer wire separator brackets
FAST Multi-port EFI with Self-learning Capabilities
Billet Polished Accufab Performance Throttle Body
Custom Ported Edelbrock Intake and Polished Fuel Rails 35lb/hr injectors
Billet Specialties Air Cleaner with K&N filter, Breathers
Doug's Ceramic Coated Headers -- ARP fastners
MARCH Serpentine System with Power Master 150 Amp Alternator (brand new)
NEW Pontiac Timing Cover and Flow Cooler Aluminum Pump (brand new)
Power Bond Balancer (brand new)
Mity Mount Motor Mounts

Lots of polished items and the engine is detailed beautifully. Everything is sold as-is and you can hear it run before purchasing if you want. Engine develops 23-25 psi hot oil pressure at idle and 45-50 lbs when cruising down the road as measured at the distributor. Pressures at the pump side of the filter are probably 5-6 psi higher. Compression is excellent. When I changed over to the March system, I pulled the intake and the valley pan to check the lifters and see how the inside looked. All of the lifters are in excellent condition, cam looks great and I re-sealed the valley pan and re-installed the intake. The engine was never dynoed. However, similar engines dyno in at 500 + HP and 600 + FT LB torque.

I have over $16000 invested into this motor and all accessories that are mentioned above. It is amazing on how all of this stuff adds up. But, when I built this car, I did not skimp on the details. I am asking $12,900 or a reasonable offer. I have a ton of time and money invested in this build. I would like to sell it all and not break up the pieces. However, if i find a buyer for most of it and I only have a few pieces left, I would be willing to negotiate a partial sale. The only thing that is not included with the base sale is the PS pump itself. The PS can is included and will fit any saginaw pump. I can install your pump before you take the engine and make sure everything lines up perfectly. You need a keyway pump for it to work. If you are local, come and hear it run and I will take you for a ride.

PM me for more details and to discuss logistics. If you are in the Wisconsin or upper Illinois area, northern Iowa, southern Minnesota area, I would be willing to deliver it to your house.95589955889558795590955919559295593

firebirdzig
05-12-2014, 09:50 AM
If you do part it out I'd be interested in the EFI.

old66tiger
05-12-2014, 03:48 PM
firebirdzig, PM sent.

old66tiger
05-19-2014, 07:24 PM
Still for sale.

70Judge
05-20-2014, 07:49 AM
Do you still have the fuel injection?

old66tiger
05-24-2014, 05:43 PM
Yes, The entire motor is still for sale. Bottom end has to sell before any other parts sell.

old66tiger
05-25-2014, 04:43 AM
I have had tons of PM’s and e-mails asking if I would part out the motor. I made a mistake on the previous price because I double counted my clutch in my spreadsheet.

The long block has to go before any parts are released. Here is what I am asking
Engine (minus intake, headers, timing cover, water pump, drive accessories)-
Paid: $9035, asking $7500
Clutch (brand new) - Paid $300, asking $150
EFI Computer and all EFI hardware including intake - Paid $2447, asking $2100
MSD Distributor (with BOP drive gear) - paid $365, asking $275
MSD Spark Box - paid $239, asking $200
MSD Coil - paid $60, asking $45
MSD Wires – paid $70, asking $50
March serpentine system including Power Master Billet alternator (brand new) – Paid $1097, asking $1000
Damper timing cover and water pump, billet block off plate (brand new)- paid $442, asking $390
Robb Mc Starter – paid $299, asking $250
Headers + ARP Fastners – Paid $815, asking $400
Air Cleaner (with EFI parts mounted and plumbed)– Paid $175, asking $150
Mity Mounts – Paid $100, asking $75

Buy everything discount $12,000. All prices do not include shipping.

Can't build it this cheap.

yellow1098Greg
05-25-2014, 10:04 AM
How much for just the bottom end?

old66tiger
07-06-2014, 06:19 AM
PM sent Yellow1098. Short block with oil pan, timing cover, water pump, balancer, flywheel is $3750 plus shipping. Butler gets $4800 for theirs without the TC, balancer, water pump, oil pan, and flywheel. Theirs with these parts would bump their price to $5600.

opnwide
07-06-2014, 07:39 PM
Beautiful engine. I would keep it and run twin turbos. It seems everyone is doing LS engines these days. Its like all the hot rodders in the 70s that ditched their 409s for a 454 chevy. They picked up some power, but they lost their soul when they ditched the W.