PDA

View Full Version : Help with narrowed fuel tank ...

MrBennyt80
05-04-2014, 06:23 PM
I have a 1969 camaro that I bought complete ready to drive . But I'm taking it to the next level "Pro-touring" ! I have just ordered to DSE mini tub kit . I want a narrowed fuel tank . But I'm also wanting to put in a LS7 at a later date . It seems like my only options for a fuel tank is either buy a tank with a intank pump that would send too much pressure at my big block 396 that is in it now . Or buy tank with no intank pump and have to sell it later to get something that would work with the ls7 ..... I'm wanting an option for a narrowed fuel tank that would work with both motors .... Is there anything out there that would work ? I have talked with the guys at aero automotive and they suggested to cut a hole in a brand new stainless steel tank and put there system in and it would work ..... I really don't want to cut a hole in a nice new shinny tank ..
HELP!

Schwartz Performance
05-04-2014, 06:54 PM
Get an EFI style tank and pump, then use an Aeromotive bypass regulator which lowers the pressure down for carb use. When you're ready to switch it to the LS7 then swap regulators with an Aeromotive EFI one.
-Dale

MrBennyt80
05-04-2014, 08:38 PM
I thought the same thing but won't this hurt or put stress on the in tank pump slowing it down this much ?

FlyDoc
05-05-2014, 02:03 AM
no that will just recirculate to much fuel, causing heating of the fuel, and causing foaming (lots of air in your gas, bad).
do get the EFI tank, with a in-tank pump, then control you fuel PIS with a Electric Fuel Pump Controller, this will control psi by voltage sent to the pump. this will extend the life of your pump an then when you do switch to EFI then all you have to do is adjust your controller and your good to go.