PDA

View Full Version : LS swap Runs really rich, searching idle

john55blaze
04-30-2014, 08:28 AM
I know these issues have been dealt with before and I have read a million posts on them but I can't figure it out!

6.0 swap, modified factory harness, computer reflashed by lt1swap.com, engine is stock.

My problem is this: It is running super rich and it has a hunting idle. If I roll the throttle on super slow it wants to die and if you play with the throttle it will rev up and sounds normal but it doesn't want to idle. If I unplug the MAF it idles fine but at about 1700 rpm but that makes it drivable (sort of). So I stole the MAF off of my dads 2002 silverado(same part #) before I went out and bought one and had the same problem, I also put my MAF on his truck and it ran fine. After that I tore his truck apart, I took his MAF, his entire throttle body (including IAC and TPS), his MAP basically all of the easily accesable sensors off of his perfectly running truck and bolted them onto mine. Same exact symptoms!!!!

Does anybody have any clues?? I have an Innova 3160 scan tool and everything appears to be working and communicating properly, and all the parameters appear to be close to the same as when I do the same tests on my dads truck.

I'm at a loss of where to go from here. I have 58 psi of fuel pressure at the rails and plugs and wires are good. Could it be the injectors or ????
Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

john55blaze
04-30-2014, 04:46 PM
Just went through and unplugged all the injectors one at a time and they all reduced the RPM by a couple hundred across the board, so that was a dead end...no exhaust leaks, no vacuum leaks...NOTE: with the MAF plugged in it starts settles at a 600-700 RPM idle and then the RPM falls off to 300-400 RPM (barely enough to keep running) and wants to die

john55blaze
04-30-2014, 04:48 PM
Can a moderator please move this post to the emergency room? I'm really hoping to use this vehicle in my wedding a week from this Saturday?