PDA

View Full Version : Gonna be a dad!

captainofiron
04-30-2014, 07:59 AM
Well guys,

the cars are gonna have to take a back seat at least for the mean time. Found out my wife is pregnant last week.
Good news!

bs46488
04-30-2014, 10:39 AM
Congrats!

I have small kids and I am still able to fit in some time to turn some wrenches every now and then.

I bought some hearing protection (and painted them pink) and sometimes my oldest daughter will come out and "help" every now and then.

minendrews68
04-30-2014, 11:13 AM
I see sleepless nights ahead.. All jokes aside, they're worth it............. I think. lol My youngest graduates May 10th and enters college this fall. congratulations!!!!

captainofiron
04-30-2014, 12:14 PM
thanks guys.

So far I think the wrenching time will not be affected too badly, but the budget definitely. I'll probably have to sell the Jeep and the Impala to focus on the Firebird, but it will be worth it for sure

sam 74
04-30-2014, 06:27 PM
Congrats, I have a 5 yr old boy and a 8 mo old daughter, my time on the car has definitely been cut down but it's worth it, my son is now getting into helping on the car when possible, it's fun, until it's not.

shmoov69
04-30-2014, 08:04 PM
Very cool! Remember to keep first things first...... And one day you'll be glad that it wasn't the car that was first!

captainofiron
05-01-2014, 05:20 AM
Very cool! Remember to keep first things first...... And one day you'll be glad that it wasn't the car that was first!

I'm gonna hang a swing in the garage and buy a small creeper... haha

JAG.
05-05-2014, 08:28 AM
Congrats man , cant even begin to warn you about the changes your life is about to take but it's worth every minute ;) hang in there and make sure the kid spends time in the garage! My kid was helping me clean up and organize the garage this weekend. Too the opportunity to teach him about tools and how to organize them. it all adds up! best of luck

SRD art
05-05-2014, 05:55 PM
Congrats!!! I've got 5 now, ranging from 15 yrs to 10 weeks old. They'll make you nuts at times but you'll find no greater joy than learning to be a good dad.

Even if the car gets put on hold for a while, it comes back around. My son and I went to the races a week ago and he took his first passes down the 1/4 mile. I went along the first couple passes and he went alone after that. He's a natural. I just sat back and took photos and video footage with a grin from ear to ear. You will too soon enough. Congrats again!

Larry Callahan
05-05-2014, 06:08 PM
Congratulations!!!!

captainofiron
05-06-2014, 05:51 AM
Thanks guys!

mc84_zz4
05-06-2014, 04:55 PM
Huge congrats man!
It's the single largest change in your life, and is one of the most rewarding.
Girl or boy, pull them around in a red wagon, get them some toy tools, etc, it will be a lifetime of skills passed down.
The car may wait a little, but you will have a pit crew working with you before you know it.
:cheers:

captainofiron
05-12-2014, 01:59 PM
Huge congrats man!
It's the single largest change in your life, and is one of the most rewarding.
Girl or boy, pull them around in a red wagon, get them some toy tools, etc, it will be a lifetime of skills passed down.
The car may wait a little, but you will have a pit crew working with you before you know it.
:cheers:

haha you have a good point

thanks