PDA

View Full Version : 1969 corvette convertible on 1972 chassis

aronhk_md
04-28-2014, 08:07 AM
$11,500 or possible trade? Would consider other daily drivers like a mini-cooper S, or a recent fuel efficient daily driver, or a sportsbike as partial trade.

I just bought this as a summer driver, and I intended to fix things as I went along. But the more I look her over the more I realized how many little things need to be done and I already have 3 other cars in various stages of resto/mod-ation and I changed my mind - I don't want another. So I have decided to move her along to someone that will give her everything she needs.

First...the car IS running and driveable. It is titled as a 1972, but obviously people think its a 1969. The chassis was a 72 coupe, but there are tons of roadster converted C3's out there. This isnt the first. Underside needs lots of detailing and cleanup to make pretty. Exhaust isn't pretty in that several pieces have been welded in perhaps to fix a problem area but seems quite solid and looks ok.

Top needs to be replaced. I think most of the gauges are disconnected. Body needs a few tweaks at the front (in hidden support areas) to make it fit correctly near the doors and hood (this is from the rebody, and there are some support/hidden fiberglass sections that need to be reglassed to hold this properly). Plenty of little nicks and gouges here and there, and a few small fiberglass repairs needed.

She looks good from 10 ft, but on closer inspection you can see things with the body/door alignment as mentioned above. Birdcage was either inspected or repaired, so the fiberglass in a couple of spots has been removed (door sill to back latch post cover on either side about 8 inches. I have replacement pieces to glass in) but you cannot see them with the doors closed.

Previous owner said headlights worked, but I cannot get them to go back down now. Might be a single vacuum line...or might not.

Brakes pull to one side a little under moderate to hard braking. They are new calipers up front, so maybe one isn't bled perfectly.

Overall if a person isn't as picky as I am you COULD drive her while making improvements. I think most here know what 69 roadsters go for. If you aren't stuck on original everything this is a reasonably priced starting point. PM for my phone # .

vette427-sbc
04-29-2014, 06:49 PM
Aside from the inspection/repair spots, is the rest of the birdcage clean? any rust on the frame?

aronhk_md
04-30-2014, 12:27 AM
yes, the birdcage is great. The only rust on the frame is the surface dusting you see on any unprotected (except with paint) frame...the type that is taken care of with detailing.

vette427-sbc
04-30-2014, 06:13 AM
Tempting!

aronhk_md
04-30-2014, 09:53 AM
Added note...this car has the rear valence for sidepipes. The current under car exhaust just exits below that panel. I thought about taking the LQ4 6.0L from the donor truck I am selling in the parts section and dropping it in, but again, too many projects and not enough time.

aronhk_md
05-02-2014, 05:36 PM
Lowering the price to $11,000

aronhk_md
05-06-2014, 04:44 PM
$10,800

aronhk_md
05-12-2014, 02:59 PM
$10,200

aronhk_md
05-15-2014, 09:29 AM
Also open to other offers. I'm a Pontiac guy, so old Pontiacs are of interest. All older cars in fact, especially convertibles. Sea-Doos. Cruiser bikes potentially too. Or straight cash offers. I don't want the car sitting in storage.

BirdsThaWord
05-30-2014, 11:32 AM
Too bad you can't take on another project! Have a '68 Bird that I would trade!

aronhk_md
05-31-2014, 09:06 PM
And actually I would have loved to take on your bird. I did just sell the corvette though.

BirdsThaWord
06-01-2014, 06:54 AM
And actually I would have loved to take on your bird. I did just sell the corvette though.

Well congrats on your sale then!