PDA

View Full Version : Accel Gen 7 issues

EFI69Cam
09-17-2005, 04:14 PM
I had to rewire the harness that came with the kit in order to route it properly in the car with the ECM mounted under the seat.
The problem I am having now is that the ECM is not getting the cam and crank trigger signals from the Dual Sync.
The distibutor to ECM wiring checks out continuity wise. The ECM is configured for the dual sync.
Am I missing something?
Also does anyone know if all of the outputs (like the fan and shift light) are +12 switched or switched to ground (like GM factory stuff). The fuel pump relay is 12v switched.

Any info would be greatly appreciated at this point.

camcojb
09-17-2005, 07:24 PM
The dual synch can be tricky to get right. They've also had quite a few failures on that setup so I don't know for sure what yours is.

The wires for fan, pump, etc. are the grounds for the relays for that item.

Jody

OHCbird
09-18-2005, 09:44 AM
Ditto what Jody said... with a few questions.

1. Do you have the wiring diagrams? If not physically, you can go into the software and get them (you can also zoom in quite a bit if needed).

2. Did you follow the dual sync setup? What inidcations did you get?

3. Call Mike H. at Accel technical- he'll take care of you. (248) 380-2780

EFI69Cam
09-18-2005, 03:11 PM
Ditto what Jody said... with a few questions.

1. Do you have the wiring diagrams? If not physically, you can go into the software and get them (you can also zoom in quite a bit if needed).

2. Did you follow the dual sync setup? What inidcations did you get?

3. Call Mike H. at Accel technical- he'll take care of you. (248) 380-2780

I have a wiring printed. Looking at it closely is where I got the questions about 12v vs ground switching on the outputs, the fuel pump relay is definatly 12v switched. (the ecm provides the power leg of the circuit)

I tried about everything, including reseting the distributor setup in the ecm back to hei, then back to dual sync.

It seems like the ecm is basically ignoring the inputs.

OHCbird
09-18-2005, 09:52 PM
Did you save your configuration when you told it that it was a dual sync? (as in hit F10). Did you install any pressure / cutout switches or relays that might be keeping the ECM from firing?

You sound like you know your way around the software, so don't take the questions the wrong way.

Jim Nilsen
09-18-2005, 10:03 PM
When looking at my dual sync dist. I noticed that one of the wires according to the schematic was reversed with another and when I talked to mike at accel he told me I was right about what I saw. You may not have one that is wrong but if you do and you did the continuity check with the plugs undone you might have not been able to notice this problem. more than likely you don't but go over every color of the connection to make sure they didn't get crossed. i haven't put my system together yet and this is a problem that I saw over a year ago and it may have been coorected by now on the new dist., I just happened to notice it by mistake when I got mine and was just figureing out the logic of it for future reference.

Jim Nilsen

EFI69Cam
09-19-2005, 08:59 AM
When looking at my dual sync dist. I noticed that one of the wires according to the schematic was reversed with another and when I talked to mike at accel he told me I was right about what I saw. You may not have one that is wrong but if you do and you did the continuity check with the plugs undone you might have not been able to notice this problem. more than likely you don't but go over every color of the connection to make sure they didn't get crossed. i haven't put my system together yet and this is a problem that I saw over a year ago and it may have been coorected by now on the new dist., I just happened to notice it by mistake when I got mine and was just figureing out the logic of it for future reference.

Jim Nilsen

Ding Ding, we have a winner!

That was the problem! I checked the polarity on the connections and low and behold, they were crossed.

All is well and working now.

Thanks to all for the excellent advice!
:cheers:

Edit: This board the the best! The expertise here is unparalled.

Damn True
09-20-2005, 10:03 AM
Thats frickin awesome.