PDA

View Full Version : ebay tubular control arms too low

maro2nv
04-13-2014, 10:23 AM
I know there's threads for these but I was just wondering if anyone has installed them. I put the lowers on yesterday and they lowered my car way too much. has anyone used the energy suspension coil spacers to level there car back up?? I want to keep my hotchkis springs. The arms were given to me so I figured I would give them a try before spending 1k+ on the dse ones.

Thanks
Josh

Bonehead
04-13-2014, 11:53 AM
Sounds like its best to get rid of the cheap arms and go with a quality brand.

wendell
04-13-2014, 01:32 PM
GM made nice ones. They cost as much as your Chinese ones.

andrewb70
04-13-2014, 03:23 PM
Instead of harping on the guy for buying the "wrong arms" perhaps you gentlemen might have some solutions? You all talk as if all the parts on your car were made in the USA. Kettle meet pot...

Andrew

dhutton
04-13-2014, 03:43 PM
I have used these SPC spacers with good results. Summit has them in many sizes in stock. Remember you increase the ride height by roughly twice the height of the spacer.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sps-1106/overview/

Bonehead
04-13-2014, 04:40 PM
Instead of harping on the guy for buying the "wrong arms" perhaps you gentlemen might have some solutions? You all talk as if all the parts on your car were made in the USA. Kettle meet pot...

Andrew

Well Andrew, sometimes the best fix is to replace an inferior part, rather than Band-Aid it with something else. Something about polishing a turd....

1989GTA
04-13-2014, 07:07 PM
A lot of these tubular control arms will lower the front of the car 2". Like was said above get a spring spacer to raise the car back up to the desired level. If you want to raise the car say 1" use a 1/2" spacer. The ratio is usually 2:1. It is also posible you might have to get the front end aligned again. In this case it has nothing do to with the quality of the A-arms.

maro2nv
04-13-2014, 07:48 PM
Thanks Guys. I know there crap arms but since they were given to me I figured I would try and see how they work. I will eventually switch them out for better ones but for now i can put that money in the rear suspention. Thank you for the link on the spacers.