PDA

View Full Version : Mopar Power!!

manny z
09-09-2004, 05:53 PM
I would like to say hi to all. I used to come on this board a while ago. Have been really busy with work, and with family.

I am back in hoping i can learn a little from the fellow MOPAR owners on here. I have done quit a bit to my 68 charger. I am always looking for way to improve this car. One of my biggest improvements have been, the installation of a rack in pinion steering of my own design.
I used a rack out of a GM L body. You GM guys know what that is. grand prix, lumina, monte carlo, etc..
This change was well worth the tim it took me to get it on the car, and working good. It steers like a new car, and another really good thing. This change saved me a little over 100 lbs of the front end.

I am in the process of making some changes, and getting it ready to paint. It still has the factory paint. One thing I am not sure of is, what I am going to do for a trans. It came with an auto, w console. I either want to do the keisler 5 sp, or see how hard it would be to install an auto 518. I will post pics when i have the chance.

Ralph LoGrasso
09-09-2004, 06:38 PM
Welcome aboard, Manny!

phattires68
09-10-2004, 06:05 AM
My dad bought one new back in the day and sold it in the late seventies. He nearly disowned me when I wanted to buy a 68 Camaro. Hey welcome back to the board. I'd love to see a picture of your charger.

MrQuick
09-10-2004, 06:57 AM
Hey Manny welcome back. Sounds like a great project. On the rack. Any bump steer issues? Like to do something like that on my Cuda.I was thinking more on the lines of a Dakota set up.

manny z
09-10-2004, 12:54 PM
Hay thanks!! I am going to try and post some tonight.
the car is comming along pretty good. I am going to have some free time this weekend, so I will be working on it.

As for the bump steer, no I am not having any problems at all. Since the car was originally a rear steer car, I used a rear steer rack.

I found that sticking as much as I can to the stock geometry, the bump steer did not become an issue.

If you are interested in installing a dakota set-up in your CUDA, remember. The dakota was front steer. If you are going to use a tube K memeber, it can be done. If you want to stick with the stock K memeber, it will be a little more difficult.

67Sally
09-13-2004, 08:35 AM
Welcome to the Forum Manny.

PeteRR
09-13-2004, 03:52 PM
Welcome to the board. Keep us updated.