PDA

View Full Version : Well I maybe going to Yorkville, Ill for a week or to for work....

protouring70
04-01-2014, 01:47 PM
Yea, looks like I might get to travel for work again. Its been a long time since I got to do this. So I will be in Yorkville Ill. Don't know the dates yet, so is there much to do up that way?

Thanks

epeterson
04-01-2014, 06:13 PM
Schwartz performance's shop is about an hour north from there, chicago is just a hour drive east, depending on the dates there might be some cool car show or autocross event, not sure on the autocross dates but I know car shows around our area are just starting to happen. Yeah there a little boring for us pro-touring guys but I still engine them as a pass of time.

-Erik

TheJDMan
04-02-2014, 03:41 PM
There is a good deal of racing and car culture in general in that area. I used to live in Yorkville and still have friends there. There is a great go-kart track in Norway, IL about 40 minutes west they race every weekend. Several circle tracks both dirt and paved within an hour north and south. About an hour southeast near Joliet there is the Chicagoland Speeday which consists of a drag strip and NASCAR oval and next door is the Autobaun speedway. That area is pretty active with car activities. One can generally find car activities of one kind or another in the area every weekend.

protouring70
04-02-2014, 04:26 PM
Hey thanks guys.....

epeterson
04-02-2014, 05:08 PM
Meant to say *enjoy* in my previous post, not engine haha

Schwartz Performance
04-02-2014, 06:26 PM
Come visit!

-Dale

protouring70
04-02-2014, 11:14 PM
Come visit!

-Dale
Thanks Dale....I'll let you know when ill be up there.