PDA

View Full Version : new guy '67 lemans

67_poncho518
03-25-2014, 09:59 PM
92652926539265492651I'm new to this site and never been on any forum before. I am building a 67 lemans. Bought it two years ago all original ohc6 with 3 on the tree. 71k miles barely ran due to a bad carb. Floor and trunk pans pretty well shot. no carpet or headliner. Late summer of 2012 is when I really started working on it. Pulled engine and tranny and took the body off the frame. Then sand blasted the frame and patched what need to be patched. Found where the car was rear ended at some point in time and fixed that issue. Then painted the frame. Spring of '13 I purchased UMI performance stage 4 handling kit. Since hanging the suspension I really haven't done much with the car due to buying a new car '13 Subaru brz :hammer:. Kinda regretting that move now lol. Had my fun with that car and now want to sell it and resume building my Pontiac (hoping to be driving it this fall)

chocthunder
03-26-2014, 12:25 AM
Welcome to the site. Look forward to seeing progress in your build.

67_poncho518
03-26-2014, 05:49 PM
forgot to mention that i picked up a 400 pontiac engine that i plan on sending to butler performance. looking to get some big power out of it. not quite sure on what transmission i want to put behind it yet debating between a 5 speed and six speed. going to get a strange rear end with 3.90 gears. interior i want to leave pretty much factory besides the front seats. planning on recaro's. exterior i am going to fix the little rust/rot it has and leave the paint the way it is with a few of my own touches just to be different from everyone else.
i gotta start cleaning out the garage so i can finish up on the frame. still gotta box it in. not sure if i wanna leave it black or paint it red to match the UMI suspension and interior.