PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Heidts Performance Car Challenge registration now open.

Bill Howell
03-25-2014, 07:23 PM
The following is the official news release from the great folks at Heidts, announcing the 2014 Heidts Performance Car Challenge

Road Course – Auto Cross – Speed Stop Squared – Car Show

MAY 31 - JUNE 1, 2014

For fans of high-speed muscle car fun, The Heidts Performance Car Challenge (HPCC) has become one of the most anxiously anticipated performance “street car” competitions of the racing season. Like last year’s event at the spectacular Autobahn Motorsports Country Club in Joliet, Ill. (just outside of Chicago), it will again be staged under the direction of the American Street Car Series Staff. Last year’s event drew nearly 100 of the best-engineered street legal performance cars driven by the top racers and amateurs in the country. This years racing event looks to be even more fun and competitive as HPCC is locked in for the weekend after the Memorial Day Holiday, beginning May 31 and ending June 1, 2014. Coverage of the event will be documented by some of the top editors and staff personnel from major US magazines who will witness the four main events: Road Course, Nitto Auto Cross, Wilwood Speed Stop Squared and the impressive Car Show. The event will also feature the return of the highly popular Jet Hot Auto Cross School and be documented by our professional video team which will be posted on the Heidts’ all new website shortly after the conclusion of the event. Capping it all off is the Saturday Night Forgeline Party at the HPCC host hotel; fun for everyone!
So don’t miss out and register early for this competition by calling (800) 841-8188 or going to the link below

http://www.heidts.com/2014-heidts-performance-car-challenge/

Jim Nilsen
03-31-2014, 12:26 PM
I'm all signed up and think I will be in the autoX school. I am ready to see everyone again and have the time of our lives all over again.
See you there!!!

Bill Howell
04-20-2014, 02:05 PM
I visited Autobahn this week and got a tour of the North track. Remember we will be on both tracks, but to get to run the north track on sunday is huge. Look forward to seeing everyone there. If you have not signed up yet, do it soon. I would hate for anyone to miss this one.

Mark Antrim
04-27-2014, 06:35 AM
Bill,
Will there be plenty to do as a spectator? I am thinking of heading that direction Saturday as a start for my bachelor party. There will be a group of us and most have never seen a an autocross course or road course.

Bill Howell
05-07-2014, 06:38 PM
There will be plenty to watch for sure. Get a Rental and join the real fun though....lol

Bill Howell
05-07-2014, 06:39 PM
Guys, this event is the end of the month and we still have plenty of spots. Please get your registration done now if you plan to come. I need to get a good count on cars coming in the next couple of weeks so we can get the correct amount of transponders ordered. If you wait til the last minute, you may be without a transponder..... Thanks!

Bad94
05-08-2014, 07:10 AM
Guys, this event is the end of the month and we still have plenty of spots. Please get your registration done now if you plan to come. I need to get a good count on cars coming in the next couple of weeks so we can get the correct amount of transponders ordered. If you wait til the last minute, you may be without a transponder..... Thanks!

Bill not sure if im going to make this event intill a few days before. What transponders are you going to run? AMB?

Bill Howell
05-08-2014, 08:09 AM
Yes, AMB

71duster
05-14-2014, 05:43 AM
ok. I read the rules,but are we going to be required to have a full race suit or race jacket and pants. just so I know if I need to purchase a pair of race pants.

Bill Howell
05-14-2014, 03:26 PM
Race Jacket and cotton pants (jeans).

69lt4
05-16-2014, 10:49 AM
Reading from the Heidts site under rules.

11) Non-synthetic clothing (cotton, wool, leather, etc.) covering the torso, arms and legs shall be required (no shorts or short sleeves). The use of racing fire protection gear is highly recommended.

I take this as long sleeve t-shirt (non-synthetic) and pants.

Kevin

Thanks,
Kevin

Bill Howell
05-16-2014, 01:10 PM
YES, Cotton long sleeve shirt is bare minimum, however, it is your skin, we strongly recommend to protect it with a fire jacket. Remember folks, it is cheap protection should the need arise. No one ever counts on needing protection or having an accident, but it seems that at every event, someone has an issue of some kind. Being prepared is cheap insurance.

Bill Howell
05-24-2014, 06:55 PM
Last weekend before this event guys. Still spots left! I am ordering transponders Tuesday morning, let me know if you are coming and haven't registered yet, or you may find yourself without a transponder.

gflentge
05-26-2014, 03:28 PM
Looking forward to another year Bill.

It should be a blast, and it will be great to see you and some of the great people that I met last year,.....

........minus the drum rear brakes this year (lol)......

Did the total Wilwood upgrade after last years Hard Charger Wilwood certificate award..... Plus a few more improvements.....

See you this weekend!