PDA

View Full Version : Ridler judging-What they look for.

Andrew McBride
09-15-2005, 04:52 PM
The other night I watched a buildup of Foose's 05' Ridler build-up for the 2nd time and this got me thinkin what exactly the judges look for. What do they like to see and don't like to see. I looked on the net but all I could come up was the rules to enter into the show. After looking at all the previous cars its obvious to say everyone of the cars are ahead of their time when they are introduced. I am curious on what you guys may know?

BRIAN
09-15-2005, 05:39 PM
I think they even mentioned that there were cosmetic flaws with Foose's when they were comparing the cars.

I would be curious as to who the judges are and their credentials. I would love to go to a show that was judged by the best of the best. Maybe a panel of Foose, Boyd, Allaway, Troy, Etc.

Travis B
09-16-2005, 07:28 AM
I am not positive as to who judges the cars I do know there is a guy that will come to your shop and inspect the cars top bottom inside out and tell you where the flaws are etc etc.....rumor has it the year that the stallion one the riddler this guy looked at the car for 3 days and couldn't find a flaw.......may just be a rumor but??????

TonyL
09-16-2005, 10:01 AM
flaws. Lack of attention to detail. down to if the screws are all "north south east west" or not. One pit in the chrome, a wave in body work (or frame or anything.) A nick on a bolt head. Anything.

J2speedandcustom
09-21-2005, 10:57 AM
Sticking with the theme using the same "type and size" of fasteners stuff like that. When you have 8-10 people looking at the car and pointing out every detail, they are going to find good and bad things. Too much stress for me....

CAMAROBOY69
09-21-2005, 11:07 AM
flaws. Lack of attention to detail. down to if the screws are all "north south east west" or not. One pit in the chrome, a wave in body work (or frame or anything.) A nick on a bolt head. Anything.
Thats just damn rediculous. Sorry No way in hell would I ever even consider the stress of preparing my car for something like that. I drive the hell out of my cars and enjoy them. Im anal about certain things but this is rediculous beyond belief for the average guy to relate to.
Yes heres some cheese with my wine. :nopity:
Now if someone wants to jump on a track with me and beat our cars up together in some hot laps. Im game. :)

Travis B
09-21-2005, 12:16 PM
we have considered building one....we have a lot of friends that are in the process of building cars for the ridler! I just don't know if I could that amount of time on pointless stuff like the back interior panels and the tops of belhousings and making sure each bolt had the exact amount of threads sticking out as all of the others etc,etc,etc

are you thinking of building one Andrew?

Steve Chryssos
09-21-2005, 04:47 PM
I just do not understand why someone would drop six or seven digits on "the perfect car" and then let a bunch of fuddy-duddies point out its flaws? It's a mystery to me. I guess that's why they call it the Ridler.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

MuscleRodz
09-21-2005, 06:21 PM
I just do not understand why someone would drop six or seven digits on "the perfect car" and then let a bunch of fuddy-duddies point out its flaws? It's a mystery to me. I guess that's why they call it the Ridler.

no pun intended huh? :rotfl: I beleive 7 digits would be the entry fee at this point to build a riddler winner. The Master that chip built 2 years ago that won was the most expensive at that time at $1.2M. I read somewhere "ILLUSION" that won this year just topped $2M. Someone also said the polishing and buffing bill alone topped $50K.

Most people seem to be honored just to get picked for the "Great Eight". I know I would not want to own that type of car, but to know you could build one to that caliber would worth its weight in gold. When you can build to that level, work comes looking for you, not you chasing it. Look at Foose, perfect example. Great guy, multi Ridler winner, worshiped by many as the best in the business.

Mike

Travis B
09-22-2005, 04:54 AM

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

fuddy-duddies :lol: :lol:

Tig Man
09-24-2005, 07:14 PM
EXCEPT FOR GOD!! Man cannot do it and those who think so, are in for a real surprise!! Isanity for perfection in cars is rampit!

Steve Chryssos
09-25-2005, 03:53 AM
And there is the answer to the riddle. :idea: