PDA

View Full Version : Squirrel??

CAMAROBOY69
09-09-2004, 12:15 PM
This friendly little guy walked right up to me and took acorns right from my fingers. :yum: At one point he placed his paw on my finger while he ate.
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

Ralph LoGrasso
09-09-2004, 12:34 PM
Heh, Cute little guy. I wouldn't recommend hand feeding him, though. You run the risk of being bitten that way, I never hand feed my snakes or lizards, always forceps.

Little Bob
09-09-2004, 01:29 PM
Thats pretty cool. Thats one way of getting in touch with nature.

elcamino80
09-09-2004, 02:10 PM
I don't know about the American squirrels :) but the ones we have over here actually grabs their food with their paws first and then eat it.
So its not as big of a chance to get bitten as with reptiles.

But its always good to be cautious with wild animals.

BAD6SPD
09-09-2004, 02:23 PM
He'd look even better cooking over a campfire...

RobM
09-09-2004, 03:12 PM
mmmm squirrel

Jims78elky
09-11-2004, 05:20 PM
"chestnuts roasting on a open fire" Squirrel meat simmering on the stove! :git: BTW: Love your elky El camino80 got any more pics?

elcamino80
09-12-2004, 03:56 PM
Thank you for the kind words about my elky...

I don't want to hijack Adam's post but here goes:

I actually have lots of pictures of it but its nothing to show really...

The pic in my sig have photoshopped wheels, I actually have 14" steel rims under it :(

All the chrome parts are missing or are in terrible shape and its really hard to find those over here.

Ralph LoGrasso
09-12-2004, 05:11 PM
I don't know about the American squirrels :) but the ones we have over here actually grabs their food with their paws first and then eat it.
So its not as big of a chance to get bitten as with reptiles.

But its always good to be cautious with wild animals.

I understand that they grab the food first, but it is still a risk that you're taking. Hell, I almost got bit the other day feeding my Tegu WITH forceps that are pretty long. He went for my fingers instead of the f/t pinky(newborn mouse).