PDA

View Full Version : Trouble contacting MCI?

rossmacd
03-18-2014, 11:34 AM
Has anyone had some trouble getting a hold of Mike at MCI? I sent him back my console a few weeks ago (due to a mix up I asked for the wrong console, Mike was nice enough to give me an exchange for the right one) and have spoken to him once or twice since then, but I haven't heard from him in over a week. I had wanted to get my console installed this weekend (wife and kids out of town means I can actually make some progress!), but I haven't received my replacement yet, so I'm kind of stalled without it.

I'm just wondering if he's been sick or otherwise unavailable. I'm not concerned about him disappearing or something, just wondering if anyone else has had trouble getting in contact.

71beast
03-19-2014, 04:56 AM
I have. I ordered a console from him and it had some damage in the vinyl and the glovebox has a hole in it. I sent him multiple email and never heard back. I paid $100 to have the vinyl fixed locally and going to make a plate to give my glovebox a bottom so I can actually use it. I don't even know if it's the right one, and can't check until the weather clears up, cause my car is outside so I could be completely screwed.

rossmacd
03-22-2014, 11:00 AM
It's now been about 3 weeks since he received my console and I haven't gotten anything back. I've left him several voicemails and a few pms. I'm starting to get concerned that I may not get a console back at all.

It's not looking good. I'm going to give this a few more days to get resolved, and then it's going to have to start getting more serious. I spent several hundred dollars on that console and another $125 to ship it back to him (at his request).

MCI
03-22-2014, 07:17 PM
I am not sure about all these attempts to contact me. I have sent a request for a shipping address, the console has been sitting here ready to ship. I am sorry you ordered the wrong console, I thought I was being a nice guy by offering to trade you for the right one. Try shipping Fedex, It costs me about $60 to ship a console to California.
The glove box has a removable bottom, it allows you to fasten the console to the tunnel in the back and allows us to install the hinges.
We were running behind, the weather this year has made a mess of our schedule. There was a stretch where we missed 2 days a week for about a month. Hopefully those snow days are behind us. The guys are almost caught up, next week will set us back on track.
I believe this discussion should be carried out in the Feedback section of this Forum.

71beast
03-24-2014, 06:38 AM
I love my console, and wouldn't have gone any other way with it then get it from you. I was figuring that was the reason for the hole in the bottom, but I never got responses when I asked since it wasn't mentioned on the site/order. Not to mention also the issue I had with the vinyl, that I took care of not just because I didn't hear back from you, but that I figured it would cost more to send it back then to just get it done. I think you may have an issue with your email, since they don't seem to get to people which I can tell you is really frustrating as a customer.

I want to add that I love the product 100%, and would recommend you to others, but getting a hold of you can be very difficult and frustrating. Also, the one time I was able to get a hold of you on the phone you were awesome, and were true to your word when you would send it. Again I think there is a big problem on the email side, and once that is cleared up there won't any issues. And you should be commended for commenting in positive and helpful manner, unfortunately there are a lot of vendors that are not customer friendly.

I'm still plan on sending you a picture of my install like we talked before, but I'm not sure you'll get it. Would you like me to just post it here.

parsonsj
03-24-2014, 07:34 AM
Mike (MCI) is right. Thread is now in Feedback.

rossmacd
03-31-2014, 12:44 PM
Thanks for moving the thread. I understand why it was moved.

For anyone interested, I did get my replacement console on Saturday. It came exactly as I expected it to, very well built and in perfect shape. Mike really did an excellent thing for me by exchanging the console, so I'm very appreciative of that. I will second the above listed concern for getting in contacts with MCI. Resolve whatever the issue is, and I couldn't be more happy with this console. My singular complaint is the communication issue. In all honesty, the console is of excellent quality and the price, while not cheap, represents a terrific value. If anyone is reading this concerned about spending the money don't be. I'm confident that Mike has cleared up whatever the issue was, and you'll be very happy with your purchase.