PDA

View Full Version : what would you do?

ppguzy
03-14-2014, 09:23 AM
Ok guys, I need some advise on two builds. I have a 68 Firebird with no engine and I just got a 68 lemans with a 428 pontiac engine(not the original) with what looks to be a turbo 350 tranny. I was thinking of doing an LS swap in one of these cars. Which would you do the LS swap on? If I do the 428 into the firebird, would I need to beef up the suspension and add reinforcement to the body? Any advise, suggestions, or opinions would be great.

rickpaw
03-14-2014, 09:45 AM
I'd do the firebird since it has no engine. In either case, it's a good idea to add subframe connectors to the body, regardless of engines. I added subframe connectors to my firebird after driving it awhile, and it made a big difference.

andrewb70
03-14-2014, 10:13 AM
I would first decide on the cars "Philosophy of Use." What do you plan to do with the cars?

Andrew

ppguzy
03-14-2014, 04:10 PM
I'd do the firebird since it has no engine. In either case, it's a good idea to add subframe connectors to the body, regardless of engines. I added subframe connectors to my firebird after driving it awhile, and it made a big difference.

what kind did you use? weld on or bolt on connectors?

ppguzy
03-14-2014, 04:13 PM
I would first decide on the cars "Philosophy of Use." What do you plan to do with the cars?

Andrew

I'm looking to keep it for a long time and drive it on the weekends. Maybe during the week.

RMMiller
03-14-2014, 05:55 PM
Sell the 428 to a collector/restorer and go LS in both! Great power, mild manners and great mileage, it's a win all the way around. I like the idea so much I have been considering it for my Ford!