PDA

View Full Version : Do what you love, and never work a day in your life.

formula350
03-13-2014, 03:15 PM
To whom it may concern,

My name is Ryan Aiken. I live in San Diego, CA. The air of my breath is American muscle cars. It's always been a love and passion of mine. I can remember the first time in my childhood seeing a late 60's corvette stingray. I always knew from that moment that I was destined spend my life with cars. It was my nitch of the common cliche of being an astronaut.

I grew up in a somewhat complicated fashion. I never stayed in one home for more than two years. Changing schools and social circles became a normal way of living. When I was 15 years old I was out on my own. I had a job at the local grocery store and still to young to rent my own home, found my way around my freinds who could put me up for this long or that long. I would prefer to to go into details, as this is not a cry for help or pity. I'm describing my past to create a foundation of how my character was created.

I think many of you through your own experiences may be able to agree that it's the tough things we all go through, and not the easy, that are the ones that truely shape us into the men and women that we become. Through my experiences I have grown a sense of strength and resilience unmatched by the peers in my immediate surroundings for my age of 23.

I've survived many trials and tribulations as most of us have had. It is life, and life is not always easy. Now if I could please apologize for and thank you for reading this far. I would like to explain my situation that has truly inspired me to write this post.

I've been working as a lube and maintenance technician for the past two years. Unfortunately, I have lost my job. I was arrested for a DUI in 2011. This has become a extremely difficult obstacle to overcome in the job market as most company's cannot hire me do to my driving record. I know that we all make mistakes in our lives, and I'll be the first to say that I can own up to mine. It's frightening to imagine that the career I've been investing the last 6 years of my life could be over, and the financial investments lost.

And so I write this, not asking for pity or remorse, but for a chance to realize my dreams. I belive it's a shot in the dark. However I also belive that maybe the childhood dream of building hot rods is out there waiting for me. It would be a bigger risk to not make an attempt than to do so. So once again I would like to thank you for your time and concideration.

I am willing to relocate if need be, and I can assure you that if you've been looking for an employee that is passionate about their job. That is willing to go above and beyond to prove their loyalty and workmanship. Then you have found me. Once again thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you soon.

I apologize for the formating of my resume as follows.

Sincerly,
Ryan Aiken

[email protected]

Objective:
To obtain a technical and gainful position in the Automotive field. Working with a well-oriented company where I can grow as a professional, expand wealth of knowledge, and further excel in the chosen career path.

Abilities/ Skills:

Great Customer Service SkillsExcellent with Problem SolvingHighly Motivated to Ensure Quality in Every Aspect.
Proficient at Using ComputersKnowledge of Vehicle SystemsExperienced with Repairs and Maintenance
Experience:
Lead Express Service Technician
04/2012-01/2014 North County Hyundai San Diego, CA
Efficiently performing vehicle inspections with keen eye for needed repairs and preventative maintenance
Knowledge and use of hand tools & automotive repair shop equipment
Performing quality repairs and maintenance on a variety of vehicle models
Strong multi-tasking abilities to accommodate large volume of repair orders

Shipping and Receiving/ Parts Runner
06/2010- 04/2012 BMW Encinitas San Diego, CA
Daily receiving and Accounting for incoming parts orders
Time management to accommodate multiple daily orders
Receiving shipments and Preparation for Deliveries
Restocking and organizing automotive parts in warehouse environment
Pulling and delivering automotive parts orders to Technicians and various departments
Matching of shipping Manifest to invoice to appropriate repair orders

Porter
09/2010- 06/2010 BMW Encinitas San Diego, CA
Shuttle customers to dealership and from homes
Valets vehicles for customers and technicians

Canvasser
08/2009- 07/2010 Nu-Cote Home Improvements San Diego, CA
Locate clients who desired home improvements
Counseling of potential clients of the services offered
Detailed explanation of products and services offered by the company
Compare and contrast of competitors to develop a more personal and customer orientated relationship

Education:
2005-2009 Charter Schools of San Diego San Diego, CA
Courses to compete High School Diploma

References:
Available upon request

raustinss
03-14-2014, 06:53 AM
I did same kind of thing when I was selling cars ......regardless I dont sell cars anymore. I'm a fabricator now and love it. What I'm getting at is while your looking to get things headed back in the right direction, try to not focus on just the auto industry as it could lead to further disappointment. At the same time I would think that being honest and open about you mistake and how it's behind you now any decent company should hire you. I mean you aren't the only person who's gotten a dui and the auto industry is huge.
Most importantly time heals everything, re evaluate things, move forward. I did sure it cost me my job and paying for a car I didn't own. Things will work out somehow
Keep us in the loop
Good luck

Ryan Austin