PDA

View Full Version : ECM Programming

smittys69
09-15-2005, 06:41 AM
A buddy of mine just converted an 86 corvette LT-1 engine over to a TPI and is trying to get the computer programmed to allow changes to fuel enrichment and other things. He has the programmer but doesn't have the necessary info to plug into the computer to allow him to get to the area to change the settings. Does anyone know of a generic code that can be put in to allow access to the specific setting areas? Also, if you know of someone that we could discuss this with over the phone (that is knowledgeable about this stuff), give me a name and phone #. You can PM me with the info. Thanks in advance

Steve68
09-15-2005, 08:37 AM
Here's a couple that might be able to help, Speartech and Speed Scene Wiring, there's also wait4meperformance look up there web pages someone should be able to help, Steve

funcars
09-15-2005, 06:17 PM
I'm assuming he is using the TPI computer... I'm confused on the year or the car and what was done. An 86 corvette did not originally have an LT-1 - it had a TPI motor. Please clarify what your friend is trying to do with what year computer, etc. I might be able to give you some info.

smittys69
09-15-2005, 08:01 PM
Yeah, you're right. Anyway, the engine is out of an 86 vette that is now in a 71 chevy pickup. Engine was just redone with slightly bigger cam than stock and brodix aluminum heads. Seems that the engine is running fairly rich. They guys that built the truck have a programmer (that they borrowed) and are trying to get in (with the requested info) to change the fuel settings, etc. I believe that there was some question as to a number on the engine as well as the computer. They have the computer info but nothing for the engine (everything was smoothed). They were trying to find someone the could possibly supply them with a generic code that would allow them to program the fuel settings and anything else that was needed.