PDA

View Full Version : Oshkosh, Madison, Milwaukee...

andrewb70
03-12-2014, 02:43 PM
I will be moving to Oshkosh sometime this summer and I am just curious to see who is around in that area, etc....

Andrew

lzdick
03-12-2014, 03:30 PM
Cheeseheads...lots and lots of them. LOL

Seriously, Road American is Elkhart Lakes, Kohler (Plumbing) property near Sheboygan, plenty to do in Milwaukee and Madison. Madison has the Univ. of Wisconsin (main campus). You probably would do well to click on search both Milwaukee and Madison Chambers of Commerce, Travel Bureaus, etc.

There is a fun driving weekend Sept. 19-21 in the Wisconsin Dells called Musclecar Adventures. Daily cruises to local businesses (wineries, breweries, cheese factories, etc.) and some fun, hilly back roads to play on; this IL 'flatlander' loved the roads. http://www.musclecaradventures.com We went last year and will most likely go again this fall.

Just think...you could become a 'Packer-backer', too.

andrewb70
03-12-2014, 05:27 PM
Cheeseheads...lots and lots of them. LOL

Seriously, Road American is Elkhart Lakes, Kohler (Plumbing) property near Sheboygan, plenty to do in Milwaukee and Madison. Madison has the Univ. of Wisconsin (main campus). You probably would do well to click on search both Milwaukee and Madison Chambers of Commerce, Travel Bureaus, etc.

There is a fun driving weekend Sept. 19-21 in the Wisconsin Dells called Musclecar Adventures. Daily cruises to local businesses (wineries, breweries, cheese factories, etc.) and some fun, hilly back roads to play on; this IL 'flatlander' loved the roads. http://www.musclecaradventures.com We went last year and will most likely go again this fall.

Just think...you could become a 'Packer-backer', too.

Hey Rich,

I actually lived in the Chicago area from 1989 to 2005, south of you about 15 miles, along Route 59...in West Chicago...LOL

I am looking forward to being "up there" again, but reading the winters. I've lived south of the Mason-Dixon line for the last 9 years and the blood has gotten thin.

Andrew

lzdick
03-12-2014, 07:25 PM
Yes, Andrew, thin blood wouldn't have bode well this winter; one of the coldest plus snowiest in Chicago history. Don't know if there is such a medication as 'blood-thickener'...but be assured you wouldn't want to be sucking up too many aspirin.

Suggestion: You may want to leave that ol' red & blue flag with Bubba, Skeeter and the rest of the boys. All they fly in your 'new' neck-of-the-woods is green with a big gold 'G' on it. LOL...no...LMAO.

1truckguy78
03-12-2014, 08:28 PM
Lol yes cheese heads. Im from brown deer wi. Just north of Milwaukee. Also lived in Chicago, for college.

77thor
03-13-2014, 06:39 AM
I'm in the Milwaukee area...
I'll be up in the Oshkosh area for the EAA Air Adventure in July.
If you're at all interested in aircraft; vintage, experimental, military, etc... Oshkosh is THE place to be.

andrewb70
03-13-2014, 06:49 AM
I'm in the Milwaukee area...
I'll be up in the Oshkosh area for the EAA Air Adventure in July.
If you're at all interested in aircraft; vintage, experimental, military, etc... Oshkosh is THE place to be.

Sounds like a great excuse to have a bunch of car guys together. If I am settled into a house by then, I will definitely have a gathering at my place. Having lived in Memphis for the last 5 years I have come to really enjoy good BBQ. While Wisconsin offers their own culinary delights, BBQ is not one of them. I have resigned myself to the fact that if I want slow smocked Memphis style BBQ, I will have to make it myself. And what better way to enjoy BBQ than with a bunch of fellow car enthusiasts and some adult beverages...

Andrew

Van B
03-13-2014, 05:48 PM
Home of one of the better drinking schools in the state university system (Oshkosh). What brings you to our little slice of heaven? Just south of Milwaukee here. Can't remember but i thought you stopped and picked up some parts from me once.

andrewb70
03-13-2014, 06:44 PM
Home of one of the better drinking schools in the state university system (Oshkosh). What brings you to our little slice of heaven? Just south of Milwaukee here. Can't remember but i thought you stopped and picked up some parts from me once.

Jeff, I'll be working at that little drinking school. LOL You must be pretty close to Ken, who is building that killer 66 Chevelle with the LSA engine.

Andrew

Van B
03-13-2014, 08:27 PM
Jeff, I'll be working at that little drinking school. LOL You must be pretty close to Ken, who is building that killer 66 Chevelle with the LSA engine.

Andrew

Not far from him though we've never met.

raustinss
03-14-2014, 06:40 AM
Jesus almost makes me want to slide over sounds like your going to have a great new batch of gearhead know your new home town Andrew...best of luck with the move and such
Ryan Austin

andrewb70
03-14-2014, 08:29 AM
Not far from him though we've never met.

I think he is around Kenosha. We all should definitely have a gathering.

Andrew

dontlifttoshift
03-14-2014, 01:33 PM
Yeah, Ken is in Pleasant Prarie, I'm just south of him on the other side of the cheddar curtain.

Randy Johnson at D&Z customs is in Kewaskum.

SCCA autocrosses at Miller Park and so does WAI, there is also Midwest Council and their High Speed autocross which is timed hotlaps on road courses if you want to drive. SCCA does PDX at the Milwaukee Mile as well.

Van B
03-16-2014, 01:54 PM
Yeah, Ken is in Pleasant Prarie, I'm just south of him on the other side of the cheddar curtain.

Randy Johnson at D&Z customs is in Kewaskum.

SCCA autocrosses at Miller Park and so does WAI, there is also Midwest Council and their High Speed autocross which is timed hotlaps on road courses if you want to drive. SCCA does PDX at the Milwaukee Mile as well.

Going to try to do one of the Milwaukee Mile deals this year. I'm picking up a '14 Camaro SS with the 1LE track package in a week or two.

Evldoer
04-04-2014, 09:12 PM
I'm just south of Fond du lac about 15 miles. My fully equipped shop is available to you if you need to do anything on your rides before you get settled in. You should like Oshkosh. And be sure to check out the store called Fleet Farm. Mans best store! And if you enjoy fishing, you will really like it here!

DB Z28
04-05-2014, 08:08 AM
Hey Andrew Welcome I work in Oshkosh, I live 13 mins south of Oshkosh on the lake . Theirs Randy Davis whos building a new 3 gen over again for SEMA from Fond Du lac

andrewb70
04-05-2014, 05:30 PM
I'm just south of Fond du lac about 15 miles. My fully equipped shop is available to you if you need to do anything on your rides before you get settled in. You should like Oshkosh. And be sure to check out the store called Fleet Farm. Mans best store! And if you enjoy fishing, you will really like it here!

This is why I love "car guys!" Thank you!!!

Andrew

andrewb70
04-05-2014, 05:31 PM
Hey Andrew Welcome I work in Oshkosh, I live 13 mins south of Oshkosh on the lake . Theirs Randy Davis whos building a new 3 gen over again for SEMA from Fond Du lac

Awesome. I am excited to have so many members of the forum in the area. I should be moved into my new house by the end of May. I am pretty excited about it.

Andrew

martZ
04-15-2014, 03:35 PM
I'm in the Madison area. Let me know when you guys plan something.

Damn True
04-15-2014, 04:03 PM
Talk to me when you are ready to buy that smoker. I did a ton of research when I bought mine. I can help guide you to one that'll fit your needs.

In the mean-time, get yourself a pair of these son!

....and a snow-blower.

andrewb70
04-16-2014, 02:19 PM
I'm in the Madison area. Let me know when you guys plan something.

Looks like between Milwaukee, Madison, and Oshkosh we have quite a little crew going. Once I am all moved in, I see a gathering at my place, after True and I discuss a proper smoker!

Andrew

hogpowr
07-11-2014, 01:48 PM
I live in Milwaukee, I have a sublime green 70 challenger. (see avatar). I'm sick of driving to cruise nights, listening to the same music, seeing the same cars and have nothing exciting happen. if you are in the milwaukee area and like to drive old cars that handle, leave a black mark or two and hit the twisties lets meet up.

I would love to get a small group of guys together for a fun spirited drive.. I won't even pick on you if you drive a 60s Camaro with an LS in it! :lol:

Sorry, as a mopar guy I had to give the GM guys a hard time. I can't resist....

Rob

andrewb70
07-11-2014, 01:58 PM
I live in Milwaukee, I have a sublime green 70 challenger. (see avatar). I'm sick of driving to cruise nights, listening to the same music, seeing the same cars and have nothing exciting happen. if you are in the milwaukee area and like to drive old cars that handle, leave a black mark or two and hit the twisties lets meet up.

I would love to get a small group of guys together for a fun spirited drive.. I won't even pick on you if you drive a 60s Camaro with an LS in it! :lol:

Sorry, as a mopar guy I had to give the GM guys a hard time. I can't resist....

Rob

Hey Rob...

I live in Oshkosh. PM me if you're even in the area or have something fun in mind.

Andrew

Damn True
07-11-2014, 02:36 PM
You going to the air show?

andrewb70
07-11-2014, 02:38 PM
You going to the air show?

Wasn't planning on it...but I can just look up and see what's overhead. I am not far from the airport. If you ever want to go to the airshow, mi casa, su casa...Dinner and bourbon included...

Andrew

1truckguy78
07-11-2014, 06:07 PM
Hey where in Milwaukee?

Im from brown deer and cedarburg area.

I totally understand what you are saying, it gets really boring with the same cars just sitting there and im really not into the hwy 100 scene anymore either. Haha

hogpowr
07-12-2014, 05:26 AM
I'm on the west side. pewaukee/delafield area. I find myself hitting kettle moraine roads instead of going to car shows. I would rather drive the car hard and break stuff than park it in a lot and look at it...

1truckguy78
07-12-2014, 08:44 PM
My girlfriend n i are restoring a farm out in spring green. Like 5 minutes from the ring brothers shop. There are some amazing roads out here. We actually were just cruising kettle moraine a week or so ago. Always fun taking the day n just driving.

andrewb70
07-13-2014, 12:20 PM
Does anyone know of a good exhaust shop in the Oshkosh, Milwaukee, Madison triangle?

Andrew

1truckguy78
07-13-2014, 06:57 PM
Heart auto and Brew city Automotive in Milwaukee. Thought "My custom shop" in fon du lac did exhaust. Idk if they are even around anymore.

andrewb70
07-13-2014, 08:23 PM
Heart auto and Brew city Automotive in Milwaukee. Thought "My custom shop" in fon du lac did exhaust. Idk if they are even around anymore.

None of those places seem to do what I want done...at least not by their web presence...sigh....

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Andrew

Nophix
09-04-2014, 06:56 AM
I live in Stevens Point, work in Appleton. I've currently got a 4th gen z28.

Let me know of any meets pop up in either area and I'll try to be there.

andrewb70
09-04-2014, 06:58 AM
Speaking of meet-ups...does anyone want to get together before the snow starts flying? I was thinking of maybe meeting up in the morning for coffee and depending on the number of people, I can host lunch at my house.

Andrew

Nophix
09-04-2014, 06:58 AM
None of those places seem to do what I want done...at least not by their web presence...sigh....

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Andrew
If you're still looking, and need something that's extremely specialized, get a hold of Furo Racecraft in Stevens Point. Harold is the best of the best.

Nophix
09-04-2014, 06:59 AM
Speaking of meet-ups...does anyone want to get together before the snow starts flying? I was thinking of maybe meeting up in the morning for coffee and depending on the number of people, I can host lunch at my house.

Andrew

I'm game.

olason
09-04-2014, 02:23 PM
Saw this in today's posts. I was in the area for the IMSA GTLM races at Road America last month. Very cool area. I just hope next year I can take something of vintage and not the 08 TBSS to the track. I will have to keep an eye on events over there, a buddy works at Oshkosh Defense.

1truckguy78
09-07-2014, 07:00 PM
Yeah, it'd be pretty cool to actually meet people from PT.com.