PDA

View Full Version : UPS or FEDEX?

dobie6982
03-07-2014, 10:23 AM
UPS usually gets my parts to me quick and FedEx seems to take two to three times as long. I was just wondering if this was the norm or is just my part of the woods.

FedEx is taking over a week to deliver parts from Michigan to Alabama. Just really pissed right now.

Ketzer
03-07-2014, 11:36 AM
I've had just the opposite experience. FedEx has always been solid, UPS is ok... as long as I don't have to go over to the terminal. Terminal workers are very very laaaaazzzyyyy.

Randy67
03-07-2014, 11:38 AM
They both deliver in the same time for me. If you are in a bit more remote area, it can take a bit longer, but two to three times as long seems a bit much.

BMR Sales
03-07-2014, 11:57 AM
FedEx has always been better for me!

SSLance
03-07-2014, 12:03 PM
It depends... Like said above, Fedex Home delivery in remote areas can seem to take a day or two longer, but overall Fedex is generally a day or so faster to the coasts than UPS from here in the Midwest.

Something else to remember, Fedex Ground Home delivery doesn't work on Mondays, but they do deliver on Saturdays.

A week from Michigan to Alabama doesn't seem right though, have you tracked the package with it's tracking number? Maybe something else is wrong. Weather can play a part this time of the year as well.

68EFIvert
03-07-2014, 12:26 PM
I get better service from UPS on the West Coast. I have all my parts delivered to my office since someone is always here to sign for them. What drives me crazy is delivery times. UPS does it in the morning and Fedex is late in the afternoon. Many times I am already gone for the day before Fedex arrives which doesn't allow me to wrench on my car in the evening. At least that evening. :)

gearheads78
03-07-2014, 02:29 PM
FedEx has always been better for me!

This!!

badazz81z28
03-07-2014, 06:24 PM
For me it really depends on where its coming from. I think it has to do with how close the facilities are to the pick up and drop off locations. I always ship FedEx as their rates are better. I would def not say one is faster than the other. They are the same.

Auto Rod Technologies
03-07-2014, 08:17 PM
UPS stops by my shop twice every day, so I use them quite a bit, and in my area I've had MUCH better luck with them over Fed-Ex.

I switched about 4 years ago and never went back.

they were much more reliable. I have had 2-3 issues with them since I started and with as much as I ship I can't really complain.

dobie6982
03-07-2014, 09:14 PM
Yes, it has been in Georgia since Wednesday. She said that is normal. She did not like hearing UPS gets my Summit parts to me the next day. Well, it sounds like it just depends on where you are in the country. Just pissed over not getting my parts for the weekend.

Jetfixr320
03-07-2014, 09:43 PM
I agree it depends on where it's coming from and going to. Was it shipped via ground or overnight and or 2-3 day?
Weather plays a part in it also, With all the crazy weather this year it has affected the shipment times. ATL did have weather related issues over the last week.

shizzy
03-08-2014, 07:06 AM
I always have parts delivered to my work. I seem to be three days from anywhere in the US. Home delivery is a little different. The USPS is a joke either way.

BonzoHansen
03-08-2014, 03:07 PM
I ship stuff fed ex because I can drop stuff off at fed ex office (old kinkos) 24/7.

Grease Monkey 23
03-08-2014, 03:10 PM
Fed-ex is ALWAYS better where i live! Ups always beats the crap outta my stuff!!

Motorcitydak
03-08-2014, 05:12 PM
I prefer Fedex for me because they always have me on the beginning of their day. Usually get things from them by 11am. UPS I seem to be at the very end, like after 5pm. Can you tell I get a lot of things shipped?

Also years ago I bought a transmission. The seller took months to ship it, finally shipped it to the wrong address on to someone else that I know about 200 miles away (He had unfortunately also bought items from this guy). Well he shipped it COD but I had already paid him for shipping. After about a year back and forth with Fedex they reversed the near $500 bill on the guy that shipped it to me

badazz81z28
04-13-2014, 06:11 PM
I agree it depends on where it's coming from and going to. Was it shipped via ground or overnight and or 2-3 day?
Weather plays a part in it also, With all the crazy weather this year it has affected the shipment times. ATL did have weather related issues over the last week.

Just FYI, just had some tubes sent to me via UPS...Shipped Tues, got it Sat. Had another one shipped on Thurs and tracking says it wont be here until Wed!!! Location...Location....Location

Damn True
04-13-2014, 10:19 PM
For me it really depends on where its coming from. I think it has to do with how close the facilities are to the pick up and drop off locations. I always ship FedEx as their rates are better. I would def not say one is faster than the other. They are the same.

This has been my experience as well. The more direct the route to their hub in Lexington the quicker it gets here. I've bought stuff from Indiana that got to me faster than stuff from AZ via UPS. FedEx seems pretty consistent, but UPS varies. Sometimes quicker, other time not so much.