PDA

View Full Version : how much would a complete 302DZ engine sell for?

Danksta14
03-07-2014, 03:51 AM
how much would a complete 302DZ engine sell for? In perfect condition. Can get any block numbers or whatever if need be,,,, Aby input would be great.

jwcarguy
03-19-2014, 04:50 PM
try posting it over on Team Camaro in their "What's It Worth" section

hifi875
03-19-2014, 04:52 PM
$7500

vintageracer
03-20-2014, 02:49 PM
4 block casting numbers used in 69. Which one do you have?

Block date and component dates make ALL the difference in value. Certain dates in the production year are worth way "MO MONEY" due to Z production numbers. Of course your engine is "Matching Numbers" to only 1 car.

Remember there is NOTHING special about a 69 dated block stamped "DZ" other than the "DZ" stamp on the pad. You can find the same the 4 bolt main 69 dated block with the same casting number in 1969 model pickup trucks and some cars.

Here is where the MONEY REALLY IS so you need to answer these questions:

Do you have the RIGHT Crank, Rods, Pistons, Heads, Valve Covers, Balancer, Intake, Carburetor, Distributor, Smog Pump, Smog Tubes, Diverter Valve, Spark Arrestor, Air Cleaner, Fuel Lines, Exhaust Manifolds, Water Pump, Alternator, Deep Groove Pulleys and the right fasteners to attach all this crap?

Without answers to these questions hard to give a value. How about $500-$8000?

"DZ" Engines DO NOT bring the money they have in the past. Nobody restoring Z's anymore. All the remaining cars are getting built for today's world.

The parts above are where the money is. I can buy a $50 4 bolt main 69 dated block with the right casting number for the given period of 69 Z/28 production, deck the block, properly prepare the surface (broach) and re-stamp the block to make it "Matching Numbers" to my car. ALL for way less than $1,000. To "ME" a "DZ" Block is worth not any more than any other 69 4 Bolt block of the same casting number with the LONE EXCEPTION being IF that "DZ" block is the original None-Restamped block to the car I owned. Now IF I am selling that's a whole nother story as most folks don't have a clue how easy it is to MAKE a "DZ" block.

Not wanting to rain on your parade but that's the way I see it!

Once again the "Money" is in all the rest of the parts I listed above.

novamob
04-17-2014, 08:59 AM
check out the Camaro Reseach Group website...they have an ongoing 'orphan' thread where they attempt to match known cars with missing parts. Post the vin # and there's a pretty good chance Kurt S or another member knows where the car is

novamob
04-17-2014, 10:30 AM
check CRG link out...easily worth $7500 to the owner of the car or even if it's 100% original with dist, water pump, alternator, carb to pan etc

http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php