PDA

View Full Version : Vaporworks Tank Upgrade

badazz81z28
03-01-2014, 09:32 AM
Gents,

Looking to buy one, but seeing if I can always upgrade the pump later by simply swapping just the pump (hole is the same/Harness is the same etc). I only have about 450 to the tires right now, but will eventually upgrade to the LS7. I suspect in 3-5 years maybe more (i have alot to do to the car).

JTs67
03-01-2014, 09:48 AM
Both the ZL1 and CTSV pumps use the same mounting flange so no modification would be needed. I believe Hector mentioned the CTSV is good until 650 or more hp.
Hector @ Ricks Tanks is great to deal with if you have questions. I wouldn't hesitate to give him a call

badazz81z28
03-01-2014, 10:05 AM
Thanks!

Sparky65
03-02-2014, 07:03 PM
Both the ZL1 and CTSV pumps use the same mounting flange so no modification would be needed. I believe Hector mentioned the CTSV is good until 650 or more hp.
Hector @ Ricks Tanks is great to deal with if you have questions. I wouldn't hesitate to give him a call

I think Carl C. might tell you the CTSV pump module is good for about 900 normally aspirated and they are clocked differently in the mounting flange.

CarlC
03-04-2014, 10:03 PM
Assuming 60psi @ 13.5v....

Naturally aspirated under 600hp = LS3
Naturally aspirated under 775hp = ZL1
Naturally aspirated under 975hp = CTS-V

Supercharged under 650hp = ZL1
Supercharged under 800hp = CTS-V
Supercharged over 800hp = Dual fuel modules. Dual ZL1 modules can support 1000hp on E85. Dual module kits are no problem to do but are special order since the controller and wiring are different.

No safety margins are included but the assumed amount of fuel needed (BSFC) is conservative.

The LS3 and ZL1 are essentially the same form and fitment. The only major difference is that the the ZL1 requires a minimum 6" mounting height vs. the 5-1/2" for LS3. The LS3 fuel module has shown to work well at battery voltage using an adapted 58psi regulator, but it is recommended to use a VaporWorx PWM kit to control the ZL1 module. The PWM will cut down on the average power requirement by 50% minimum.

The CTS-V will fit in the same height envelope as the LS3. PWM is required. The major differences are:

1) The fuel outlet will be pointed at a 45* angle toward the passenger side of the car. The clocking can be changed but additional fuel line fittings will be needed.
2) The corner pickup nipple on the bottom of the reservoir will need a five-minute modification to accept the corner pickup tubes.
3) The power plug wiring is different.

Nothingface5384
06-08-2014, 09:44 AM
Assuming 60psi @ 13.5v....

Naturally aspirated under 600hp = LS3
Naturally aspirated under 775hp = ZL1
Naturally aspirated under 975hp = CTS-V

Supercharged under 650hp = ZL1
Supercharged under 800hp = CTS-V
Supercharged over 800hp = Dual fuel modules. Dual ZL1 modules can support 1000hp on E85. Dual module kits are no problem to do but are special order since the controller and wiring are different.

No safety margins are included but the assumed amount of fuel needed (BSFC) is conservative.

The LS3 and ZL1 are essentially the same form and fitment. The only major difference is that the the ZL1 requires a minimum 6" mounting height vs. the 5-1/2" for LS3. The LS3 fuel module has shown to work well at battery voltage using an adapted 58psi regulator, but it is recommended to use a VaporWorx PWM kit to control the ZL1 module. The PWM will cut down on the average power requirement by 50% minimum.

The CTS-V will fit in the same height envelope as the LS3. PWM is required. The major differences are:

1) The fuel outlet will be pointed at a 45* angle toward the passenger side of the car. The clocking can be changed but additional fuel line fittings will be needed.
2) The corner pickup nipple on the bottom of the reservoir will need a five-minute modification to accept the corner pickup tubes.
3) The power plug wiring is different.

will the 2nd fuel module/pump kick-in only under boost? or only under boost when needed?

module 1 NA, ,module 2 1psi+
or
module 1 10psi , module 2 11+ psi

CarlC
06-08-2014, 09:09 PM
Second module is connected via a Hobb's switch controlled relay. Depending on power level usually 4psi boost is a good place to start.

The second module is connected to the VaporWorx controller so everything is PWM controlled. Stielow's Mayhem has had this system in place for two Optima Challenges and is just starting its third (I believe) HRPT with no problems.

Nothingface5384
06-15-2014, 07:40 AM
Thanks I just would like more room to grow without haveing a 2nd pump heat up fuel when the extra power isnt needed